Our client is well-established and provides integrated logistics services to partners worldwide in order to enhance value across their entire supply chain. By applying their expert knowledge, experience and core skills in market development, finance, logistics, investment and information technology to solve specific business problems across a broad range of commodities and services.
We are now recruiting for a Logistics Specialist based at my client's office based in Central London
Working to manage and support the team in the logistics department for Europe, Middle East and Africa Bloc clients
Oversee logistics support, both in the day-to-day trading operation and projects to streamline & improve operations, including logistics
The team also supports the trade and investment activities of Europe bloc Business and Corporate depts and as per Service Agreement the trade and investment activities of Middle East & Africa bloc Business and Corporate dept;
Developing a network of logistics service providers (forwarders, shipping companies, warehouse companies, transportation companies etc.) whether through your existing contacts, those already used by the client or new. Through them as well as media and other sources gathering logistics market trends including logistics industry related digitalisation.
Implement logistics support activities for business depts and affiliated companies to improve their operations, such as inventory optimisation and logistics related cost reduction by communicating / collaborating with the Logistics Strategy organisation.
In relation to the role, the successful candidate would have a part in handling air, sea and road freight movements.
Support business departments in compliance procedures, customs issues such as customs valuation, classification, special customs authorization and other import / export requirements, updating advice / documentation, export controls and sanctions as necessary.
Improve Logistics and Risk Management knowledge and skills in the Logistics Strategy dept. and the company through attending and giving seminars.
Managing, improving and creating materials to help support the Logistics Strategy dept. activities.
Manage departmental administrative requirements as necessary.
* Numerical and analytical skills. Presentation and report writing skills. IT skills including using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and other necessary tools.
* Good knowledge of the business practice in the logistics of international trading / investment companies including the use and applications of incoterms, international payment practices, shipping line, airline and port ways of working, customs including FTAs/EPAs, customs related documentation, insurance (Marine, Cargo, and liability), export controls and sanctions procedures.
* Knowledge of transport systems of all modes, domestic and international and warehouse operation;
* Knowledge of business practice in the logistics industry.
* Ability to lead and develop department staff members;
* Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee development skills;
* Well-organised with the ability to prioritize and to use their initiative, able to shift priorities within strict timeframes and have a systemized approach to work as necessary.
* Fluent English is mandatory and knowledge of European or other languages would be an advantage
We are looking for someone with circa 10+ years' experience in this sector
Extensive Customs, Transportation / Forwarding experience in the international logistics industry
Experience working within a multinational trading environment within a Logistics department;
Experience working within the Transportation industry / global logistics with involvement in customs procedures.
Working with both EU and non-EU Forwarders, Customs and other related parties.
Experience working as a general manager or manager to lead an organization/team to accomplish any projects or initiatives
Salary and benefits package:
* Salary paying up to £53K, depending on experience.
* Life assurance,
* Pension (10% Employer contribution),
* 22 days annual leave, company holidays (3 to 4.5 days during Christmas season) + bank holidays
* Discretionary bonus paid annually subject to company and individual's performance,
* Season ticket loan,
* Cycle to work scheme,
* Upon successful completion of probation, the employee will be entitled to private medical, dental and travel insurance schemes.