Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position ofSupply Chain Planning Manager with a highly competitive salary and desirable staff benefits.
The Supply Chain Planning Manager is responsible for the planning and delivery of all direct materials and subcontract manufacturing services to our production from capacity models within our supply chain, while assuring continuity of parts and material supply required for both our Redhill and Horsham sites. Responsible for overall supplier on time delivery via effective demand and commodity management, materials planning, commitment of supplier orders to ensure material availability while optimizing cost and inventory days on hand. This is a key role in the Supply Chain & Procurement Team, with line management responsibility for the planning team that supports our Operations. Leadership in this respect is key using knowledge and experience of SC Planning.
This is an exciting role for a Supply Chain professional coordinating all materials, processing raw materials through our suppliers, and ordering across a wide range of materials and commodities from a truly global supply base.
- Create supplier Purchase Demand releases in line with agreed Vendor pricing contracts and communicate with suppliers to gain order acceptance and delivery commitment.
- Ensure consistent and stable supply of material in line with business requirements and agreed inventory parameters. Manage continuous improvements to reduce inventory and optimise inbound logistics costs.
- Ensure the proper production capacity and tools are implemented by vendors.
- Implement engineering changes within the supply chain seamlessly, managing and communicating breakpoints and avoiding obsolescence.
- Working closely with the quality department to ensure a consistent message both inside and outside of the business.
- Ensure accurate part master data is maintained within the MRP (Priority) database as well as ensuring that BoM structures correctly reflect drawings, production, and supply chain requirements
- Ensure that all the MRP settings are correct at Production handover.
- Develop and run various material reports to monitor/review stock, open orders for all components against production demand dealing with discrepancies, issues or changes and communicating them to management.
- Identify gaps in process systems and work practices, make recommendations, develop solutions, secure stakeholder support, resource and lead their implementation.
- Develop standard work instructions for the material control function and key processes.
- Automate purchase order processes, critical trade-offs, right method of ordering for the part that best suits efficient manufacture, to include complex sub-contractor management.
- Ongoing communication with all business stakeholders will be essential including warehouse, logistics, engineering, production operations, quality departments.
- Monthly KPI reporting (Inventory levels, OTIF deliveries))
- Represent the Purchasing Department as appropriate in cross functional teams.
- Create workflows to reflect the flow of materials through the supply chain.
- Deliver discrepancy management including invoices queries.
- Management and monitoring of inventory levels.
- Deputy for Ops Procurement Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Materials Planning experience preferred to better provide and articulate the latest delivery schedules to key stakeholders
- Procurement of processes and services through subcontracting experience with a minimum 5 years experience preferably including in a manufacturing/engineering company.
- Proven understanding of MRP processes and techniques and practical working experience of an ERP system in a previous similar role.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel to facilitate the creation of V-look ups and manipulate Pivot tables.
- An analytical approach to problem solving with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Personable with a logical and methodical approach to work.
- Multiple yearsof related professional and supervisory/Managerial experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Results and detailed oriented.
- Demonstrate a track record of team development, increasing engagement and performance. Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Be able to influence senior stakeholders, gaining credibility by applying a solution led approach.
- Strong ethics and professional presence required
- Negotiation skills.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety standards and requirements are met, and a safe working environment is promoted within the site.?
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss in more detail