£30k - £45k per year
FTC – 20 months
Morson are partnering with one of the leading companies in the UK’s oil and chemical industry to recruit a TA Buyer.
You will be the internal stakeholders’ first point of contact for TA buying activities on non-contracted spend. Responsible for converting approved requisitions into purchase orders in-line with the company Manual of Authorities (MOA) on-time and under budget.
- Handle approved requisitions and process purchase orders in a timely manner and in accordance with the MOA.
- Perform market analysis, new vendor pre-qualifications, develop sourcing strategies & tactics, tenders, evaluate quotations, price/cost benchmarks, negotiate, create and expedite purchase orders.
- Identify and track savings and benefits through the completion of the SAP Ariba process.
- Propose strategies and awards for approval as defined by the MOA.
- Develop and maintain required management reports, spend analysis and report value improvements as defined by the Team Leads.
- Participate in initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Relevant Technical or Business Degree preferred but not essential
- SAP Systems Knowledge, especially
- Working towards or has achieved CIPS Advanced Certificate (L5) or can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a team player; the Buyer team is small, so teamwork and flexibility is vital.
- A self-starter capable of working in a consistently busy department where deadlines must be met.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders.