£52,482 - £58,512 + Excellent pension
Responsible for supervision of the teams associated with the management of the internal and external service support towers for the provision of the ICT Services to West Mercia Police. To lead a customer focused specialist technical support team that is responsible for the specialist support of services, equipment, and toolsets. Ensure all services, systems and equipment that are available, with sufficient capacity, accessible and secure to agreed standards and service levels, either via supplier management for control of external supplier contracts and via internal resources as applicable.
- To lead the internal and external Support Teams ensuring the relentless customer focus of the services delivered ensuring the ICT service meets operational performance levels agreed.
- To manage specialist technical support team activities within service operating level agreements, taking necessary action to ensure service, performance including availability, capacity and cost.
- To lead the Service Relationship Managers ensuring contracts, systems and assets within towers of responsibility meet service level agreements operational performance levels required including availability and capacity.
- To identify and transfer information within all service teams, including appropriate documentation and training to aid in the relevant support/delivery activities.
- To establish and manage service level agreements in consultation with business leads, ensuring their ongoing effectiveness, efficiency and costs are reviewed, taking necessary action to ensure that quality of service, performance, availability and cost targets are met and that overall service delivery is balanced with available resources.
- To ensure processes and procedures are in place and tested to maintain and recover ICT systems and services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to both forces within allocated level of resources.
- To act, as a member of the Digital Services management team contribute to the development of ICT strategy, policy, procedures and practices as well as taking individual responsibility for leading developments in own area of specialisation.
- To provide both technical and non-technical leadership to the Technical Support team dealing with escalated issues ensuring compliance with relevant corporate policy, procedures and conventions.
- To support the Incident and Problem Manager with Incidents and problems impacting the service, providing a focal point for incident and problem resolution activities.
- ITIL Certification (Service Management), or equivalent framework experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Best Practice and relevant guidelines such as ITIL v4.
- Significant knowledge of relevant ICT technologies, their use and application.
- Comprehensive knowledge, acquired through hands-on experience, in a specialist technical support environment.
All applicants must be able to pass NPPV3 Security Clearance
If you have not held residency in the UK for the last 5 years, we will not be able to process an application from you.
To be considered for this highly rewarding opportunity, please submit your CV online today!