Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
We are currently looking to recruit a driven and experienced Inventory Manager to join a leading Valve Manufacturing client based in NW Manchester. This provides an opportunity to join an extremely stable and expanding British manufacturer who are a household name in their industry.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background within Inventory Management within Engineering / Manufacturing based environments .Knowledge of Planning/ Purchasing/ Inventory is key alongside Strong SAP and Excel skills. Interested candidates MUST have experiencewith SAP.
The role would candidates with a background in Planning/ Purchasing/ Supply Chain/ Inventory.
Successful candidates will be required to delivery optimum inventory levels to meet and exceed customer order expectations.
Hours - Monday - Thursday - 7AM - 3PM
- Using key SAP data, analyse and track inventory levels to control the flow of materials to meet production needs for customer orders.
- Working closely with strategic and tactical purchasing teams to develop an inventory and purchasing strategy for spares and supplied materials based on usage demand patterns and market requirements to improve material availability and product offering.
- Developing protocols to minimize inventory issues and the production impact
- Taking ownership of inventory management to support all operations and ensure time and cost efficient production
- Taking a proactive approach to ensuring the right inventory is available at all times to avoid delays through stock-outs
- Developing a capacity plan to support monthly outputs in line with material availability.
- Developing strong relationships with key contacts in sales and Operations.
- Working closely with Sales, Quoting, Project Management, Operations, Supply Chain and Product Management teams to optimize performance to customers and develop a process to achieve perfect execution and achievement of customer request date (90% plus).
- Partnering with the sales order planning team to drive improvements in materials availability planning, date management and ensuring that all production lines have what they need when they need it.
- Coordinating the different functions to produce quarterly scalable delivery matrices for all Manchester products and ensure global roll out including training, advice and guidance.
- Developing a process map of the manufacturing process from quotation to cash for all value streams and identifying opportunities for improvements and execution
- Partnering with Product Management and Plant to ensure modifications and engineer to order production are available in the global price list and published delivery matrices.
- Working with Operations and Engineering to ensure all products have the necessary certification.
- Coordinating, the design and implementation of an RDSL improvement programme by partnering with all plant functions to enhance the customer experience and enable to the sales offices to secure higher prices.
- Demonstrable experience working within a Material / InventoryManagement role within manufacturing engineering
- Strong SAP Experience
- Excellent IT Skills - Mainly Excel
- Knowledge of Power BI Would be advantageous
This vacancy is being advertised by Cornerstone Technical Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency