Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Stewart Milne Group (the Group) is one of the UK's largest independent house builders. The business was established in Aberdeen in 1975 and currently consists of three regional Homes divisions (Homes North Scotland, Homes Central Scotland and Homes North West England).
The Group has offices in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Glasgow (Uddingston).
The Buyer works within the Commercial Department. The purpose of this role is to ensure the delivery of material and plan orders are placed on time within budget or better. The delivery of this function is to ensure construction have the correct materials on time to ensure construction units are achieved inline with both monthly and yearly targets. They are to build and maintain both a team and systems to ensure both sustainability and growth of the Homes Division is achieved. The Buyer must also work very closely with external suppliers to ensure up to-date market conditions are portrayed back to this division. Also they should work very closely with the Commercial Team to ensure budget information both in terms of quantity and price are accurate.
- Ensure all material requests & invoice queries are processed on time in order that the construction & accounts programmes are not delayed.
- Develop and maintain a database of procurement information, including schedule of standard house take offs.
- Prepare material & plant enquiries and provide recommendations for acceptance by the Senior Buyer.
- Ensure the current information on spreadsheets is developed and implemented in Axapta (With up to date pricing and current take off).
- Ensure “best” price is achieved.
- To ensure Health & Safety information is developed and issued to sites prior to material deliveries
- To ensure all planned savings/rebates are incorporated within the business are secured on time, monitored accurately on a regular basis and bettered.
- To take full commercial responsibility for each development needs or and ensure these are fully concluded satisfactorily on time with minimum or no intervention by the line manager/director.
- Work with other Divisions to ensure consistency in processes within the Buying Department.
- Provide accurate monthly reports of market treads, unbudgeted items, stock control & progress up-dates of each department.
Essential Technical Expertise
- Financial/Commercial awareness
- Effective cost control
- Accurate/on time reporting
- Excellent negotiation skills
- IT skills (COINS & Microsoft Office)
- Team Player
- Work under own initiative with minimal supervision
Salary and Benefits
Stewart Milne Group is proud to develop our employees, offering career development and promotion opportunities across the Group.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Company Car / Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Staff House Discount
- Flexible Benefits Package
If this sounds like the right step for your career, please apply via link or email