Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Job Title: Buyer
Contract Type: Permanent
My Client is a looking for a candidate with experience in a engineering and manufacturing as a senior buyer or procurement specialist with experience buying both mechanical and electrical components for the manufacturing industry. The successful candidate will be looking to progress and develop their career in engineering and manufacturing indusrty.
Key Responsibilities – Buyer
- Supplier RFQ (quotation) management obtaining best quality, cost and delivery performance to meet the needs of the
- Forecast, plan, execute and expedite just time in time orders and deliveries to support business, working capital and
- cash flow management requirements.
- Challenge current cost base, identifying and executing improvement / cost reduction opportunities to achieve PPV \
- MUV targets.
- Support in development and implementation of commodity plans to achieve the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain supplier information and price books in the operating system.
- Investigate and resolve supplier order and invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Report supplier performance in respect of quality, cost and delivery of goods and services.
- Proactively challenge current procurement policies and business processes to identify and execute continuous
- Actively partake in the ongoing development of the business ERP \ MRP and procurements systems \ processes.
- Work to clearly defined goals with respect to safety, quality, efficiency and delivery.
- Provide timely feedback to line leader \ supervisor \ manager on any delivery, cost, technical and or quality issues that
- Ensure all work & time is recorded appropriately through the required system.
- Ensure all purchasing, QHSE and business documentation is completed accurately to the required standard in a timely
- Adhere to general housekeeping and 5S rules ensuring a clean, tidy and organized working environment is maintained
- at all times.
- Attend functional and business meetings as required and support other departments in order to meet Company
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures at all times
Requirements – Buyer
- 2-3 years’ experience of working as a Direct Materials Buyer in an industrial product manufacturing and supply environment.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and engagement with internal \ external teams and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure, within tight deadlines, with flexible approach to working hours and a motivated team player.
- Process driven, detailed and solutions orientated, with experience of working in a formal, continuous improvement culture
- Strong effective decision making, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent logical reasoning, root cause analysis, deductive problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Good communication & IT skills
- Full and current UK driving license
Call for action: For more information on this role, please contact Arun Picton on or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Candidates who are currently a Procurment specialist, Junior Buyer, Junior Procurment may be suitable for this position
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.