Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Your new role
The Commercial Manager will be responsible for delivering procurement activity and supporting contract management across the departments commercial landscape. The post holder could be a generalist, but subject matter expertise in the Corporate category e.g. Professional Services, HR, travel etc including relevant Framework Agreements would be a distinct advantage.
Driving maximum value from the Agency's commercial activity will be paramount as we look to obtain cost savings in new procurement activity and garner efficiencies from our existing contract base This will require the post holder to build strong and equitable relationships with stakeholders and suppliers in a challenging and fast paced environment.
The post holder will be expected to demonstrate leadership whilst using soft skills, in particular relationship management to obtain stakeholder buy-in and trust.
- Responsible for the delivery of procurement and contract management activity ensuring accurate, comprehensive and transparent analysis, with recommendations to senior decision makers based on whole life costs that maintain full business ownership of the commercial outcomes.
- Provide expert commercial advice that draws on relevant procurement legislation, policy, information, supply market knowledge, and commercial experience. To include providing commercial options, solutions and opportunities that best reflect the current market.
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders (expected to include representatives from HR, Comms, H & S) at all levels to include working in partnership with Agency divisions to develop and execute strategies for sourcing requirements ensuring subsequent contracts demonstrate value for money, maximize the return on investment and improved performance, seeking alternative commercial and service delivery models as appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
- Implementing supplier relationship and contract management improvements in a public sector setting.
- Running/managing procurement activity, preferably in the Corporate category.
- Successful negotiations and contract management resulting in sustainable improvements and resolving issues or disputes.
- Building effective relationships across teams and within a stakeholder community.
- Experience of managing strategic level relationships and contracts for supply of large and complex goods and services.
- Experience of running tenders to ensure value for money to the taxpayer.
- Ability to interpret, advise, challenge and draft contractual terms and conditions.
- Ability to communicate commercial complexity and act in an advisory capacity to senior stakeholders that enables them to arrive at informed decisions and take calculated risk.
- MCIPS qualification and/or World commerce and contracting (desirable).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.