Indirect Category Manager
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are exclusively working with a globally recognised, major Manufacturer with sites based in South Yorkshire, Derbyshire & Staffordshire in the search for an Indirect Category Manager.
Uniquely, this role is a 100% home based contract, making this role open to candidates from any of those areas, but travel will be required to all sites due to the Group nature of the role.
My client is looking for a commercially aware professional who holds experience of managing and developing key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally and at a global level.
Able to use your own initiative to influence stakeholders, you will have sole responsibility for a large category spend, across a range of categories. You will be tasked with developing the spend strategy and supporting the overall business in terms of cost reduction and improved supplier performance.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for supplier management and continuous improvement, maintaining and improving performance where needed and for planning effectively and efficiently in terms of short, medium and long-term plans.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for Indirect Category spend across a range of categories including IT, Travel, Marketing, Facilities, Repair, among others, developing a clear strategy to support the business
- Sourcing new suppliers and maintaining current key relationships with stakeholders globally
- Managing stakeholder relationships, influencing where needed
- Recommending commercial improvements for the organisation
- Ensuring agreed targets and savings are delivered in line with customer service levels
- Ensuring Site compliance to local and global policies
- Reporting on a weekly basis to senior management
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experiences:
- MCIPS Qualified or working towards
- Proven Indirect Category Management experience
- Proven influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Record of managing and developing category spend
- Dynamic, engaging relationship builder
- A background within Manufacturing, Retail or Automotive industries
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on engineering, operational and technical positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.