Our client has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Head of Estates. You will join on a full-time, permanent basis, working 37.5 hours per week, based at The William Harvey Hospital in Ashford. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £57,000 per annum.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK, East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, the company prides itself on the delivery of high-quality Facilities, Property and Estates, Procurement, Equipment Management, and Professional Services.
They put customer service and quality at the heart of everything they do across all of their areas of expertise, from Cleaning and Catering to Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Encompassing five Hospitals across East Kent, (William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital in Margate, Buckland Hospital in Dover, Royal Victoria Hospital in Folkestone; and Kent and Canterbury Hospital in Canterbury), the company are working hard to become an employer of choice by improving pay, and providing opportunities for learning and development in the workplace for all of their employees.
About the role:
As a Head of Estates, your key focus is to ensure the optimal operation of the Hospital and limit downtime that affects critical clinical services. This involves understanding the intimate workings of the hospital, having in-depth knowledge of the plant and equipment you are operating, and proactively managing your service to ensure the operation not only runs but is effectively and efficiently planned to enable full compliance with statutory, mandatory, and HTM regulations, and lifecycle management.
Why work for them?
- 26 days annual leave allowance, plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to buy or sell up to 10 days annual leave each year
- Company Pension
- Training and development opportunities including BICS courses, various management courses, support to complete professional qualifications, and functional skills training
- Career progression
- Discount in selected high street retailers
- Onsite childcare facilities at our three acute sites
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured
Your responsibilities as the Head of Estates will include:
- Feeding into the production of, and implementing, company policies relating to statutory, mandatory and HTM regulations for the directorate
- Advising and reporting to the Associate Director of Estates and the Board on departmental matters and improvement issues, including long term planning and finance
- Overseeing managers to ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is scheduled according to regulatory requirements and completed accordingly, with all remedial actions undertaken to ensure continued compliance
- Overseeing the management of repairs and projects to ensure these are effectively managed and completed by the team, in line with regulation and legislation
- Manage, oversee and report on KPI and SLA compliance, detailing actions required and seeing these actions through to resolution
- Giving assurance to the SLT and Board of appropriate management of the estate and assets in line with best practice and in accordance with both mandatory and legal requirements
What they are looking for in their ideal Head of Estates:
- Good problem-solving skills with a mechanical and electrical aptitude
- Excellent Numeracy skills and demonstrable experience of managing restrictive budgets effectively
- Computer literacy and the ability to multitask
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level computer skills in CAD, BMS and PPM systems
- Customer Focused
- Excellent knowledge of Healthcare guidance HTM’s, HBN’s and other industry specific guidance notes
- Excellent knowledge of building regulations and project management, including asbestos, water management, COSHH and other related regulations
- Professional knowledge acquired through a degree or equivalent, plus specialist knowledge acquired through post-graduate courses or specialist courses
- Membership of a recognised Building Services institute
- Recognised training to approved person status for High & Low Voltage services, Piped Medical Gases, Legionella
- Management qualification or training
If you feel you have the skills and experience to join our client as their Head of Estates, click “apply” now – they would love to hear from you!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. The company holds the right to withdraw an offer of employment where a candidate is unable to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the pre-employment checks and employment policies.