Our client, a global leader in multi-sector catering, is looking for an experienced purchasing manager to join their LGW/Crawley based team.
Key Responsibilities for the Role of Purchasing Manager:
- Overall responsible for materials ordering/purchasing management at LGW unit by using Winrest and integration with operational tools / systems including forecast and final billing data.
- Responsible for generating output forms with validated data.
- Responsible for generating purchase orders as per the demand from Winrest.
- Responsible for raising and resolving raw material data queries with costing team.
- Management of PO's within Winrest.
- Responsible for obtaining timely stock data from stores to ensure PO values and quantities are correctly aligned to pax and flight requirements.
- Responsible for addressing supplier queries in conjunction with and support from central supply.
- Responsible for actively participating in material control process and meeting.
- Responsible for raw material availability in line with Unit Production Plan.
- Responsible for ensuring customer and operational needs in terms of materials are fully understood and ordered as per the requirements.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and external agencies to provide a seamless service.
- Produce, monitor and Forecast materials in line with required timeframes.
- Interact with colleagues, customers and clients in a professional manner at all times.
- To be accountable for materials ordering/ purchasing process.
- To be flexible and manage the ordering team to ensure department coverage remains adequate at all times to fulfil business needs in terms of materials ordering / requirments.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Unit Manage
The Ideal Candidate for the Role of Purchasing Manager:
- Experience in materials management and in a catering environment.
- Health and Safety knowledge and proven application of.
- Experience in people engagement and financial elements of materials and cost impact.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good business acumen, including written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Act in a professional style, whilst prioritising workload to ensure duties are carried out in a timely manner.
- Work on own initiative working at pace and with a high level of accuracy.
Important Information About the Purchasing Manager Role:
Work Related Circumstances
Must be flexible and able and willing to work extra hours and weekends, bank holidays and evenings when required to meet seasonal or customer demands. Consider shift start and finish times and transport links to site, living within reasonable travelling distance to the site may be a consideration.
Must be able to access all public areas of the property and airport, including stairwells, confined spaces, heights etc. Work may involve reasonable lifting of heavy / bulky objects within the published health & safety guidelines on manual handling.
Must wear a visible name badge at all times. Complete all relevant paperwork within specified standards and timeframes. Ensure all specified training and food safety standards are adhered to at all times. Complete any other duties as requested by management.
Do you think this sounds like the PERFECT role for you?
Apply online today!
*Purchasing Manager* Purchasing Manager* Purchasing Manager*