HR & People Advisor
£27,500 per annum
Monday - Friday / General Office Hours
Our client based in Wrexham area is currently recruiting a HR and People Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis.As the HR and People Advisor you will provide sound HR advice and support to all line managers and employees whilst supporting the company objectives.
- Provide HR support to line managers and support change and or improvements.
- Manage a high volume of ER cases, prioritising the workload and deadlines. This will include Maternity and Paternity leave, Absence, Investigations, Disciplinaries and Grievances.
- Data analysis to look at trends as well as provide reporting to the HRBP.
- Produce offer letters and contracts for all new starters as directed by HRBP.
- Conduct new starter inductions sessions.
- Keep employee files and HR systems up to date as well as accurate.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries.
- Monitor HR KPIs and make recommendations to line managers to drive improvements.
- To understand the HR plan.
- To own and drive key engagement activity across site encouraging employee engagement at all times.
- Provide support and coaching to line managers to empower them to own the HR processes for their people in areas such as Recruitment and Selection, Discipline and Grievance, Conflict Management, Communications and Absence Management.
- To act as a barometer to the HR team in terms of culture and mood by identifying potential issues or concerns to them. In particular to be aware of the ER climate and respond to issues such as first line grievances.
- Lead on recruitment activities for the business area, coordinating interviews, attending interviews and liaising with Job Centre and recruitment partners as needed.
- Provide effective administrative and reporting processes to support the HRBP.
- To provide reports and or statistical information as required to support improvements, such as pay benchmarking, E-Law research.
- Any other duties as requested by the HRBP which are required to meet the needs of the business.
- GCSE level English and Maths.
- CIPD Level 5.
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced HR department.
- Experience of handling Discipline and Grievance situations.
- Experience of successful dealings with Employee Relations issues.
- Used to utilising database information to produce and develop reports and provide statistical analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An empathetic and caring nature.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to engage effectively with a range of audiences.
- Proactive self-starter, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to effectively analyse, decide, prioritise and plan.
- A flexible approach to work and hours.
- Strong IT Skills Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good understanding of Employment Law.
- Highly organised.