Gi Group are recruiting for a Job Coach to work for client based in Worksop!
Length of the contract: Permanent
Pay Rate: £16.89 per hour
Working Hours: 30hrs per week, 37 weeks per year (term time only, plus 1 week training)
The Job Coach will work collaboratively with academic and support staff to aid and monitor the performance and progress of learners who have an Education, Health and Care Plan, Special Educational Needs and Difficulties. The Job Coach will help with accessing work experience activities and placements as part of pre-internship and Supported Internship programmes. The successful candidate will support within the vocational studies programme area to ensure our learners receive an outstanding Quality of Education and develop their employability skills to become employable.
Main duties of the role:
● Aiding young people and enable them to gain, learn from, develop in and maintain their internship and to make a positive progression on to paid sustainable employment.
● Supporting employers to enable them to offer a meaningful internship and recruit interns where possible.
● Undertaking job evaluation and job matching in collaboration with the work-placement co-ordinators.
● Negotiating or 'job carving' roles for learners.
● Supporting learners with travel and mobility training.
● Aiding learners preparation and attendance interviews.
● Sourcing and gathering relevant documentation for the learners work placement.
● Accompanying learners on employer visits and helping them to settle and undertake a thorough induction with their employer.
● Providing ongoing support and training for learners on placement.
● Target setting, monitoring and reviewing progress.
● Supporting for the learner with problem-solving and act as an advocate for learners if things go wrong.
● Provide mutual support for other job coaches.
● Identify and recommend ALS strategies for learners to reduce barriers to learning & considering recommendations from EHCPs, referrals and disclosures.
● Set SMART targets in line with EHCP outcomes.
● Undertake assessments of risk, support needs, care plans and disclosures relating to learning and personal needs of potential learners who have emotional and behavioural difficulties and refer where appropriate.
● Work flexibly to meet each individuals learner needs and attendance. Some evening work may be necessary to meet the needs of the community and to assist open events.
● Continuous personal professional development, ensuring all mandatory training is undertaken as directed.
● You must have previous experience in supporting young people/vulnerable adults who have additional needs.
● The ability to plan, prepare & implement support programmes/assessments as and when required and understand the process around Safeguarding referrals.
● You will need to hold or be working towards your Maths and English L2/C grade.
● You must be willing to work towards an adult learner support or equivalent qualification.
For more information please call Lauren today on 01246 204524!