Do you want to be the next Human Resources Advisor for one of the UK’s biggest businesses ?
Our client is currently looking to add to their Human Resources team on a permanent basis, you will earn a competitive basic salary of £29,000 - £31,000 + benefits and an achievable bonus up to £2000 (Paid quarterly).
As our Human Resources Advisor, you will be responsible for supporting the Human Resources team in ensuring the delivery of a professional Human Resources Advisory service to the various Head Office functions and Transport Depots.
You will assist the Human Resources Advisor and HR Business Partner in managing all people related projects and issues, to drive forward the people agenda and encourage the development of effective people managers across the business area.
- Support the Human Resources Advisor in managing a varied caseload of employment relations (ER) issues, including discipline, grievance, performance, absence and change management
- Act as the first point of contact for line-managers and take ownership of handling basic HR queries, escalating and supporting the HR Manager with more complex issues, as appropriate
- Provide robust written and verbal HR/ER advice to stakeholders, prepare case related documentation, and ensure the correct and consistent application of HR policies and procedures across the business area
- Support the HR Assistant in managing long term absence, carry out absence case reviews and implement return to work plans, in line with medical guidance
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the business area including Company Directors
- Attend key business area updates and management meetings alongside the Human Resources Advisor
- Support the HR team in monitoring the effectiveness of and training out any updates to HR policies, procedures or management toolkits for the business area
- Collate HR data and produce monthly reports on key HR metrics, highlighting any data trends for the consideration HR Manager and Directors
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of Employment Law and developments in HR best practice
- Support the HR administration team by completing administrative duties as required
- Work flexibly in line with the needs of the business and carry out any other reasonable duties as required including crossover into other business areas
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a HR Assistant or similar HR related role
- Demonstrable experience of leading or supporting the management of ER issues
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A proactive approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- A pragmatic decisionmaker
- Strong IT and report collation skills
- A CIPD qualification is desirable but not essential
What's great about working for our client?
- Free access to our onsite gym
- Enjoy subsidised meals in their two fantastic restaurants
- Free onsite parking
- Staff discount on purchasing a kitchen after 1 years continuous employment!
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Free annual eye tests as well as a contribution to new glasses
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme as mentioned above
If you are interested in the role please apply today. We are looking to interview as soon as possible!