Circa £30,000 Depending on Experience
Monday to Friday 8am 5pm (40hours)
Flexi working hours and hybrid working available
We are working with a well-established international organisation base on the outskirts of Telford, who are looking to bring in an experience HR Advisor into the business. This role will be working hands on to support both staff and management in delivering a first-class service and help evolve the HR offering across the company.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
- Provide high quality professional advice and support to managers and staff for all HR related matters.
- Undertake specialist and general HR tasks as required and appropriate to the role.
- Deputise and act up for the Head of People team, as required.
- Produce employment contracts and variation to contracts in line with authorised management requests.
- Work with the Head of People Team to guide and advise management and employees, throughout all aspects of the employee lifecycle to include absence management, investigations, discipline, grievance, capability, in accordance with the consistent application of company policies and procedures and compliance with employment law and best practice.
- Manage the monitoring of HR processes including, employment contract and variations, starters and leavers, employment checks, induction, mandatory/other training, probationary period reviews, performance and development review, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, flexible working requests, providing support and coaching to all management to ensure full compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist line managers in the management of poor performance, advising on solutions and assisting their implementation.
- Provide management information reports relating to HR for example absence data, staff lists, payroll costs etc. Work on requests for information, ensuring timely and accurate responses are provided.
- Contribute to the development of HR policies, as requested.
- Management and provision of HR data including data input, as necessary.
- Maintain and update HR database systems.
- Support the co-ordination of learning and development events for employees, as required, and participate in the delivery of events as relevant.
- Working closely with line managers, assisting them to understand and implement policies and procedures and employment legislation changes.
- Reviewing policies and procedures in line with legislative changes.
- Recruitment and selection developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing advertisements, checking applications, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including compensation and benefits.
- Updating and maintaining employee records
Skills and Experience
- A CIPD Level 5 certification, or above in HR or working towards.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquiries.
- Ability to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
- Excellent IT skills specifically in MS Office, also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of the use of databases in providing accurate management information.
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and third parties.
- Self-motivated with a can do attitude and determination to find resolutions.
- Able to streamline and improve processes.
- Highly enthusiastic with excellent communication skills.
- This role requires a high degree of personal motivation and resilience.
The application process:
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we're able to progress with your application within 72 working hours.If you do not hear from us within this time your details wont be retained. So, if you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.
Prince Personnel are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Whether youre seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract youll find us easy to deal with.Located in thriving Telford, we focus on jobs in Shropshire, Staffordshire and North Wales.Prince Personnel specialise in commercial, accounts and finance and technical recruitment.With the best jobs around we are an independent agency working hard for you.