A global business with a strong collaborative working environment is looking to appoint a part-time HR Business Partner, permanent role,
who will be based at their office in Cambridge. (Hybrid working available). The office is within walking distance of the train station. Employing over 6,000 people, this business is going through a period of transformative change
The working pattern for this role is28 hours per week, 4 days, this could be Monday to Thursday full days, or two full days and two half days spread over the week the only prerequisite is that a full days cover must be provided on a Monday.
Reporting to the senior HRBP, you will be responsible for supporting and or leading strategic and operational people partnering activities. You will work closely with the managers to help them deliver effective people plans.
You will be a natural coach who enjoys mentoring junior members of the team as well as coaching managers in employment practices and support interventions.
As a People Partner, you will represent people partnering in the wider organisation, including forums and networks (such as diversity and inclusivity, engagement, wellbeing, and change) to share insight on people trends and challenges and promote best practice, inclusivity and engagement in people-related activities and decisions.
Working alongside the TA, L&D and Reward Teams, you will partner your managers and employees providing advice and guidance on a range of people issues and initiatives. About you?
- Up to date employment law and practice and how this translates into policy and is applied within the workplace.
- People and partnering systems, processes and practices within a typical People function and an understanding of interdependencies.
- An understanding of the ethics and application of Equality, Diversity, Inclusivity and Belonging with the workplace.
- Experienced in employee relations management
- Ability to challenge, negotiate and influence to a senior level
- Can manage complex issues and demonstrate clarity of thought and decision-making
- Collaborative and innovative problem solving and decision-making
- Ability to mentor and coach to a senior level
- Experience of working in an international, commercial environment with an understanding of the functions typically found within a business (desirable)
- Understands strategic context and how this translates into operational context
- Able to build and maintain professional working relationships
- This role would be a great opportunity for someone looking to develop their HRBP skills and knowledge. You may already be working as a Business Partner or you may be a Senior HR Advisor. This role will give you the chance to work for a global, matrix, complex and values driven business.
Please call Caroline Batchelor for further details.