Head of Resourcing
Eden Brown Synergy are currently working in partnership with a South-Western NHS trust to search for a Head of Resourcing. This role will be responsible for managing and leading the Medical and Non-Medical Recruitment and Temporary Staffing teams ensuring delivery of high-quality service. The role will be responsible for the management and maintenance of related systems and the delivery of intelligently analysed recruitment and temporary staffing information. This is a great opportunity to step into a senior position in a forward thinking and exciting NHS Trust.
Your New Role As Head of Resourcing
As a Head of Resourcing you'll be responsible for the following:
- Lead on the development of a Trust wide resourcing strategies that reflects the future needs of service delivery e.g. growth or reduction in services, future skill mix shortage areas, demographic changes, and the need for skill mix reviews and new roles.
- Manage and develop the Trust's resourcing function, ensuring that key linkages are made within the teams and strong relationships built with operational services to try and achieve an efficient and well-resourced workforce.
- Working with the senior management teams and HRBP's, to identify areas of recruitment difficulty, or areas of future growth and reduction, and work collaboratively to produce recruitment and retention plans to address issues identified.
- Develop and deliver a Trust wide annual resourcing plan for all staff groups, taking account of predicted staff turnover and recruitment needs identified within directorate workforce plans, in particular skill shortage and hard to recruit areas.
- The post holder will co-ordinate the workload for the Resourcing team re-prioritising plans to respond to external factors and Trust priorities.
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality, professional service, within the team, ensuring the team, directorate and corporate objectives are delivered.
- Ensure the development of staff and the effective use of succession planning and talent management.
- Build constructive working relationships with staff and managers in the interests of integrated patient care breaks down barriers to cross departmental or multi organisational working.
- Ensure a timely and accurate response to all requests for information both internal and external.
- Develop and implement policies, guidelines and procedures relevant to service area and ensures team members are aware of policy and governance requirements. Engage and actively seeks feedback from service users in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of service delivery.
- Advise on highly complex and sensitive issues to a range of audiences (staff, managers, applicants, NHS Employers, DBS, Payroll provider, Executive Team).
The Skills and Qualifications Required:
The Successful Candidate for this role will be in possession of the following:
- Educated to Masters level, or equivalent, acquired through qualification or proven experience
- Member of CIPD
- Demonstrable experience of managing a customer focused recruitment and temporary staffing service
- Experience of advising managers on resourcing issues up to Executive Director level.
- Proven experience in managing a team and changing practices to improve customer experience.
- Significant experience of working with computer systems.
- Experience of successful working relationships with multi - professional staff groups.
- Application of various recruitment methods.
- Experience of devising/implementing process reviews.
- Able to demonstrate ability to develop innovative recruitment and retention strategies and initiatives
- Experience of legislation and policy in regard to the use of temporary workers, Bank and Agency
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer.