Senior Care Assistant Paisley
Permanent, Full time
My client is currently seeking a senior care assistant to join their 43 bedded home based on a permanent, full time contract.
This particular home is registered for 43 residents and has a number of care categories including; Dementia, old age, physical/learning disability and mental health.
We are looking for a senior healthcare assistant who have a passion and desire to care for others and work alongside a team of care assistants to promote dignity and independence for all residents within the home.
Hourly rates of pay:
Days available 38.5
- Be understanding and patient towards residents and their needs, and encourage, assist and support residents to participate in leisure activities as appropriate to the individual, ensuring their social and emotional needs are met. This also includes escorting residents to outside appointments and leisure outings.
- Helping to serve meals and drinks at meal times and other times when required, taking care to present meals and refreshments in an appealing way, with polite and courteous service.
- To be understanding with residents who need assistance with feeding and provide the appropriate level of support and help.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the Care team, contribute to team meetings, ensuring good communication and participate in the induction and training of newly appointed care assistants, ensuring that the Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- The role will involve delivering excellent standards of care in order to positively enhance the lives of individuals in your care
- You will be required to comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines.
- You will be working on a rota, meaning you would have to work alternate weekends
The successful candidate will have:
Experience of working in a caring environment
NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social care, but other candidates will be considered
Good numeric and literacy skills
A warm and friendly disposition
Good communication skills, able to put others at ease
A strong team worker
Supportive and patient
Reliable and punctual
If youre interested in this role as a Senior Care Assistant, please dont hesitate to apply!