Were recruiting on behalf of a prestigious manufacturer with a heritage spanning multiple generations, renowned for the design, innovation and manufacture of a leading, luxury product.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Rotating shifts) to join their existing team of development engineers to push the boundaries and new thinking is always encouraged.
Quality is key to their products, and youll see that the entire team who work at. They take their time, and it results in a superior product, and everyone takes pride in their work.
For the role of MechanicalMaintenance Engineer,you will be responsible for:
- Machine Fault finding and carrying out machine repairs/improvements.
- Assist with the installation of machinery.
- Check work carried out by setters.
- To carry out routine/preventative and reactive maintenance on all mechanical aspects of the plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Respond to plant breakdowns.
- Accurate reporting of mechanical breakdowns and spares used.
- Complete spare parts order form and hand to supervision team or the springs stores manager.
- Use of engineering machines to remanufacture parts when necessary.
- Undertake tasks to further develop the machine/machine parts as and when requested.
- Basic fabrication skills including small welding tasks.
- Basic machining skills including lath, milling and drilling tasks.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to a high standard.
- City & Guilds trained/qualified engineer Mechanical
- Sewing machine maintenance advantageous
- Experienced in pneumatics, use of compressed air, cutting machines and fabrication.
- Lathe & Milling experience essential.
- Comfortable with manual handling.
Rotating Shifts - 06:00 14:00, Mon - Fri / 14:00 22:00, Mon - Fri / 22:00 06:00, Mon to Fri or Sun to Thurs. The 3 will rotate weekly. NOT FIXED SHIFTS.
PLUS weekend cover - 1 in 4 rotation, £100 paid for the weekend the Engineer is on call (Will be paid even if not called out) Additional £100 for a call out (maximum pay-out is £100 regardless of how many times they are called out in one weekend).
Whilst on the call out the Engineers will get paid for the hours they do at the below rates:
- Saturday call out will be paid at 1+1/2
- Sunday call outs will be paid at double time.
:£37,293 per annum (£17 per hour + Shift Allowance of £37.18 per week)Benefits
: 30 days holidays (incl. bank holiday), Free on-site parking, Contributory pension scheme, Work wear provided, CPD
Please apply online with your CV, or for further details contact Emma (07551 766028) or Paul (07717 119328) at Cubed Talent