GBR Recruitment Ltd are exclusively working in partnership with a highly reputable housing provider with multiple housing developments across Harrow, Hounslow, Aylesbury, Hayes & other areas of Buckinghamshire plus other areas surrounding London, recruiting exclusively for an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Supervisor to lead a small Multi Skilled Maintenance team as well as being hands on carrying out building works too (on the tools Supervisory role).
You will work closely with the Housing Scheme Manager & the wider Senior Management Team, to ensure all managed houses & flats are rented to the best standard possible, with repairs carried out effectively & efficiently as well as ensuring the Maintenance of all properties are carried out when required to keep the facilities in top shape.
Works will include multi trade / care taking type tasks such as plumbing, electrical, painting & decorating, tiling, carpentry, plastering, boarding out etc.(emergency repairs, scheduled repairs & general maintenance).
If you want a varied working day / week utilising your rounded trade skills then this role is for you.
All work will be managed on a PDA electronic appointment system which you will delegate to the team & carry out some of the tasks yourself (on the tools).
- To effectively manage the small in-house full time multi-skilled trades team & any sub-contractors that are called upon on for Gas installations etc.
- Complete all housing repairs & maintenance works to the highest quality standard possible, taking pride in your work & in the teams work too.
- Completing & delegating to the team interior & exterior jobs.
- Complete works identified by RAMS & Audits.
- Order in any plant hire, tooling or specific equipment / machinery.
- Working with & assisting vulnerable adults such as elderly, those with physical difficulties or other individuals with specific needs.
- Complete ad-hoc construction projects.
- Complete required paperwork for completed jobs.
- Attending Management meetings updating the SMT on completed works.
- Coach, mentor & develop your trades team to be the very best they can.
- Ensure H&S is adhered to at all times & that works are compliant.
- Liaise with the Fire Risk Assessor completing any modifications needed.
- Liaise professionally with tenants & 3rd parties.
- Turn your had to any general building works requirement/s.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Time served multi tradesman or time served in specific trades
- Strong all round building & construction knowledge
- Facilities Management experience / knowledge
- Housing repairs / maintenance experience (single units & high rise)
- Construction / Building Trade qualification/s
- Supervisory, Team Leader or Management experience (team of 5+)
- Strong professional communicator with all types of individuals.
- Passionate about delivering high quality finishes to all.
- Full driving license
- Experienced with a variety of construction machinery inc. power tools / hand tool & basic plant equipment
- Flexible & adaptable with no task being to much (whether little or large)
Interviews for this role are to take place immediately
Potential immediate start for the right person depending on how quick the DBS check comes back from the governing bodies (all must be DBS checked due to the type of role to be carried out with vulnerable adults etc.)
You will be a time served multi trader with skills across general building & construction.