Time 4 Recruitment have an opportunity for aPermanent Door Engineerto work for a well established company who are able to supply and fit a wide range of bespoke industrial and commercial doors for a wide range of industries across the UK and abroad.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a long term career. You do not require any previous experience as full training can be provided .
As aDoor Engineeryou will be working a gang to provide a combination of reactive callouts, installation and repairs of various types of doors, shutters and physical barriers including all associated hardware and components.
AsDoor Engineeryour role will be to support the Installation Manager and Service Administrator to install and maintain all types of doors across the UK and abroad.
Generally, this means working away from home between Monday to Friday but on occasions could entail being away from home for up to 2/3 weeks. All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered when working away.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Adopt a team working approach to deliver excellent customer support for the company.
- Provide an innovative and technically aware approach to problem solving.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Investigate and report in detail any problems and incidents.
- Keep work areas clean & tidy.
- Keep uniform and PPE in good condition. Work uniform must always be visible.
- Work with designated equipment / tools provided by the company.
- Reporting of any problems that will affect performance I.e. machinery breakdown.
- Responsible for looking after all company tools & machinery & vehicle.
- Ensure appropriate audits and checks are carried out on Rhino equipment in line with relevant standards.
- Attend training courses as and when necessary to ensure personal management and keep your technical knowledge up to date.
- Liaise with Line Manager daily to establish department requirements & provide regular updates on task/project status.
- Carry out Industrial door maintenance including fault finding and repair.
- Check the quality of all goods received before working on them.
- Complete surveys and technical reports as necessary and cascade all key data to relevant personnel
- Ensure the timely completion of reactive and planned works, and that they are carried out to agreed standards/drawings.
- Create requisition forms with prices for any required purchases, signed at the appropriate authority level.
- Complete all associated paperwork.
- Receive & put into action all written and verbal instructions from the management team as required.
- Previous experience as a door fitter is preferred but not essential as full training can be provided !!
- Electrical or Mechanical Experience is preferred.
- Permanent Role
- Salary £23000 to £27000per annum ( Depending on experience)
- Travel expenses and accommodation provided whilst working away
- Full Training provided
- Location Port Talbot( but you will be required to travel and work away around the UK )
If you are interested please send your CV to Hazel Baron through the website.