Remote working (Ideally with access to Manchester, Aberdeen or East Anglia)
12 month contract
Desirable to BSc / BEng standard in Control, Electrical Engineering.
Minimum standard of HNC or equivalent, in Mechatronics or Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Familiarisation with bespoke Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU), Chemical Injection Unit (CIU) and Intervention Workover Control System (IWOCS) E&I package installations.
- Familiarisation with E&I package installations operating on 24VDC and 230VAC/400VAC-690VAC single phase/3 phase supplies.
- Comprehensive understanding of Zone 1 and Zone 2 hazardous area E&I installations in accordance with BS/IEC and BS/IEC.
- Comprehensive understanding of offshore E&I installations in accordance with BS/IEC to BS/IEC.
- Awareness and understanding of applicable Oil and Gas industry legislations:
Machinery Directive, LV Directive, ATEX Directive and EMC Directive.
- Experience and understanding of hazardous area ATEX/IECEX/INMETRO Ex protection concepts; Exe, Exd and Exi, including, but not limited to equipment types: Junction Boxes, Instruments, Cable Glands, Isolating Equipment, Electric Motors and Control Panels.
- Comprehensive understanding of machinery, switchgear and control gear standards BS IEC, BS IEC and BS IEC
- Comprehensive understanding of non-electrical Ex equipment and standards ISO and ISO
- A Discipline Engineer will have demonstrated his / her ability to provide sound technical advice to the Projects Group on all E&I design issues.
- Interpretation and compliance of client project specifications
- Identification, scope and procurement of E&I project compliant materials in accordance with project bid allowances.
- Design, placement and layout of E&I equipment against package installation.
- Design and scope of package MCC switchgear panels, PLC panels, LCPs and associated relay logic.
- Generate E&I documentation to meet project timelines, including, but not limited to: Utilities Schedules, Cable Schedules, I/O Schedules, BOM, Hazardous Area Schedules, Test Procedures, Lighting Calculations etc..
- Generate Single Line, Electrical Wiring Diagrams, 2D Junction Box GA drawings using AutoCad.
- Oversee facilitate the manufacture, test, installation and commissioning of bespoke package control systems.
- To liaise directly with clients, suppliers and internal Departments on all technical matters relating to the design of packages
- To participate in Risk Assessments of package designs, against EU Directives, HAZID or HAZOP criteria, and to assist in the preparation of Technical Files for EU Directives.
- To ensure, in conjunction with the various departments involved, that all certification and QA / QC requirements for each project are adequately met
- Where experienced, production of software code for of PLC logic controllers and computer systems in accordance with the Company procedures
- To assist Sales Department with technical support during tendering.
- To assist the Service Department with project after sales with respect to package commissioning queries and technical trouble shooting
HEALTH AND SAFEY:
- To be conversant with and implement the Company Safety Policy.
- To be conversant with and implement all relevant Company Health and Safety requirements contained in Safety Manuals, Procedure Manuals and Standards Manuals.
- To be conversant with and implement the requirements of specific Health and Safety Regulations e.g. COSHH, VDU, Confined Spaces etc.
- To know the requirements of the relevant parts of the Health and Safety at Work Act, and all other appropriate Regulations, and ensure they are complied with.
- To liase with the Company Health and Safety Manager on all aspects of safety, and to consult and co-operate with the Safety Representatives and representatives of employee safety.
- To make certain that the health and safety of those who are going to build, maintain or repair packaged products is considered during the design process.
- To understand and implement the Company Quality Policy, Quality Manual, Company Procedures and standards that apply to Design.
- To assist the Company Quality Assurance Manager in all aspects of quality relating to Design.
- To understand and implement the company Environmental Policy, in particular those aspects relating to product design and realisation.
- To be conversant with and implement all relevant Company Environmental requirements contained in the Company Manuals and Procedures.
- Meet agreed turnaround times for project documents.
- Meet the project bid allowances.
- Minimise the cost of designs and subsequent build of company products.
- Minimise rectification work.
- Achieve customer satisfaction.
CONTRIBUTIONS AND TARGETS:
- Recommendation for improvements to Design Standards, designs and components.