We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic tradespeople to join a growing engineering team , working for one of the largest FM companies in the UK.
Undertake all electrical works within the area in an efficient and safe manner, with repairs undertaken as appropriate. This will mean ensuring that all planned maintenance is carried out in line with its scheduled date, that Health & Safety policies are adhered to, and that there is compliance with the Maintenance Business Management System as it applies to this position.
- Ensure that all equipment and services are maintained and operated in a safe condition to comply with Health & Safety.
- Monitor regular inspection procedures (preventative maintenance programme) of equipment.
- Record and keep logs of inspection reports and remedial work.
- Maintain a working knowledge of statutory regulations and to ensure awareness of all safety procedures.
- Undertake electrical repairs and installations as appropriate.
- Report any defects at time-of-service visit.
- Responsible for vehicle and materials on board.
- Understand and complete all work-related documentation accurately and on time.
- Understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Attend and fully participate in training and appraisal activities as required.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
What we are looking for:
- City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent.
- IEE 17 th / 18 th Edition Regulations
- Experience in dealing with all types of electrical installation work, within the services sector.
- Ability to undertake all facets of maintenance and installation requirements as required within the scope of the contract.
- Be pro-active and can anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer-based systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritise own workload.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change / flexible approach to work and working hours (subject to the EU Working Time Directive).
- Pro-active and positive approach to work.
- Must have sound interpersonal skills and pay attention to detail.
- Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation and its application within role.
- Good knowledge of building Statutory Compliance.
- Able to ascend/descend vertical access equipment; able to work at height.
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Must be available to join a call out rota (1 in 4)
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Salary: £32,000
- 33 days holiday
- Company van, fuel card and mobile phone
- Company Pension
- Ongoing training and development
If you're interested in this vacancy, please apply with your CV or call Jak Walsh on