Title: Digital Design Director Design Experience
Location: Birmingham / London / Remote
Salary - £80,000 - £100,000including car allowance, individual performance bonus (IPB), global bonus scheme and performance equity award.
My client is a new kind of partner for a new kind of client. They are designed from the ground up to empower clients to own Experience from start to finish. They believe that a great idea can transform an Experience, and a great Experience can transform lives. They are committed to helping design, build, run and communicate Experiences that make peoples lives better, more productive and more meaningful.
This role will work within the Digitalteam, serving a global client. The Digital team creates brand communications, delivering award-winning creative and marketing effectiveness across end-to-end customer communications.
They are looking for an Digital Design Director to work on some of the most iconic and desirable brands in the world today. Reporting to the Global Creative Director, you will lead a team of 13 experienced professionals of UX Architects, Content Strategists and Designers to craft the digital journey across many products, from launching sector re-defining vehicles to reasserting market position of existing ones.
The brands they work with are continually striving to offer the best online experiences for their customers and potential customers, so as well as providing continual optimisation and enhancements to both platforms, utilising relevant and engaging content, you will also be required to develop long-term strategic initiatives all clients. You will work across both brands on their respective global responsive websites and eBrochures.
- Sign off all nameplate and non-nameplate briefs from Account Management
- Review and approve all DX creative nameplate and non-nameplate work
- Present work both externally/internally (all levels)
- Support other team members in client/internal calls to present work/sell in recommendations
- Review/Sign off UX message maps before client review
- Review/Sign off UX wireframe documentation (includes taxonomy and sitemaps)
- Review/Sign off all site builds from authoring against UX documentation
- Review/Sign off imagery/assets/functional copy against design/content strategy documentation
- Quickly process the implications of feedback or new direction of visual assets and its effect on the nameplates inflight
- Ensure DX team is drawing from the same knowledge pool, to ensure our recommendations are valid and can be delivered with the agreed resource
- Manage multiple nameplates/projects (x7 on average inflight at one time) across brands and multiple model years
- Sense check copy in context of DX and eBrochure for optimisation, functionality, and wider user journey - after Head of Copy has approved it
- Onboard and train new personnel (full time or freelance) using self-created tools/systems
- Conduct recruitment interviews - all levels
- Mentor and upskill DX team - daily
- Run daily stand-up sessions with traffic management to ensure team/workstreams are aligned and work is delivered on time to a high standard
- Establish best practice ways of working for the purpose of continuous improvement on platform
- Run bi-weekly scrums of scrums to deep dive into work and ensure all team members are aware of work within the department to improve consistency and quality
- Attend kick off meetings for all nameplates at all levels
- Help DX team members through group calls or 1-2-1 problem solve briefs, to ensure gateways and reveals are met
- Support DX with wider projects when required
- Assist Global Creative Director, User Experience Director and Design Director when required
- Being an active member of the Leadership team - with a DX/Digital focus and its impact on the creative work from a global and market perspective, inspiring colleagues by presenting work at all agencies or leading initiatives when required.