My client, a leading national charity, is currently seeking a Senior Press and PR Officer to join their Communications team.
Purpose of the role
To provide press & PR support to the charity and the communications team, generating proactive PR opportunities.
They are seeking an individual who loves using the power of social media and can create engaging content and strong stories to highlight their cause to create a better understanding and awareness across a number of audiences.
This is a full-time permanent role based in Sidcup with hybrid working- presence in the office is expected at least three times a week.
- Lead on corporate partner PR activities alongside the External Relations team.
- Develop innovative PR campaigns for the charity, advising on PR strategy for relevant communications activities.
- Work on issues-led campaigns from the development of proposals through to campaign strategy and evaluation.
- Assist with the implementation of the charity's communications strategy to help promote a positive image of the organisation.
- Secure coverage within target publications using effective media outreach tactics.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Evaluate post PR and press campaign activity.
- Develop an integrated approach to the charity's campaign and communications activity with consistent messaging and branding across online and offline channels.
- Managing media requests including provision of quotes and information.
- Proactive news generation and opportunity PR.
- Drafting media materials and press releases using excellent copy writing skills.
- Maintaining media lists and press/case study logs.
- Working with Fundraising Manager to promote all fundraising activities.
- Being actively involved in any external events on behalf of the charity, as and when required.
In return, benefits they offer include:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Excellent annual leave allowance: 28 days per annum (additional to bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme: 5% employee, 3% employer
- Employee Assistant Programme Scheme
- Free parking at their Sidcup Office
- Training provided
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please apply NOW!
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.