Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
Our client, a leading manufacturer of Valves and associated components are looking to recruit a Detail Draughtsman to join the business on a contract basis initially for 6 months to aid with an increase in workload. The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a design/ draughting role within a manufacturing environment with experience using AutoCAD 2D. The successful candidate will be required to provide carry out detailing and modification of existing drawings. You will also be required to modify BOMs through SAP. Candidates must be minimum HNC/ ONC qualified in Mechanical Engineering.
This role is available for an immediate start.
Hours - Monday - Friday 8-4
- To provide engineering support to sales orders, continuous improvement projects and new product introductions through the generation of general arrangement and detail drawings, design calculations and the general provision of technical support
- To produce general arrangement, detail and customer drawings in AUTOCAD format and to check drawings produced by other Draughtspersons.
- To produce or amend Bills of Material and to maintain/update records on the ERP system as required.
- To support new product development in the generation of detail drawings from development reports in accordance with design/engineering standards and the generation of base specifications
- To produce drawings and design calculations to assist in the completion of contract reviews as requested.
- To implement design changes to drawings, records and computer specifications.
- To provide technical support to other departments regarding existing products, product specifications and general technical information
- General system administration including the maintenance of computer database, printing, filing and issue of drawings and documents etc.
- To meet under direct supervision and control, defined targets as agreed
- Whilst undertaking duties, ensure that all Company policy and procedures are adhered to (including HSE and Quality).
Qualifications & Skills
- HNC / ONC Qualified inMechanical Engineering
- Previous experience working within design environment.
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD .
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods including Machining, Welding and Assembly.
- Experience using ERP systems to create BOMs - SAP Experience would he advantageous
This vacancy is being advertised by Cornerstone Technical Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Business