UKAEA are a world leader in fusion technology and are about to undertake a once in a generation project to decommission JET - the Joint European Torus Fusion Reactor. This is an ambitious programme to undertake first-of-a-kind decommissioning studies of a tritiated fusion reactor, to identify components suitable for re-purposing into the wider scientific community within and outside UKAEA.
The programme will demonstrate solutions to the challenges of decommissioning fusion energy, benefiting from Culham's breadth of expertise and its suite of research facilities. The programme is forward thinking in its technical approach and combines this with project management rigour in delivering value for money in decommissioning.
We are looking for strong communicators, who are pro-active and enjoy working in a modern, dynamic team delivering the JET Repurposing and Decommissioning Programmes & Projects. The team is new, and we therefore have an opening for Administration Lead Leader to support the Decommissioning Director and the two Heads of Programme Delivery.
The role of the Decommissioning Programme Administration Team Leader is to:
- To provide professional and focused Office Management support to the Decommissioning Programme Executive Team
- To act as Office Manager - organising desks and IT for new starters.
- To coordinate the work, task manage and direct line management of the Decommissioning Programme Administrators
- To manage programme information and correspondence effectively, ensuring confidentiality and discretion
- To ensure the effective coordination and delivery of new starter inductions via the Administrators
- To support the Decommissioning Executive in project managing key business events
- Experience of managing an office and/or buildings, including associated operational activities
- Team leadership experience - managing a team of administrators
- Responsibility for managing or maintaining an administration budget
- Excellent project coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy and competency in utilising MS Office software and virtual technologies
- Experience of working collaboratively across programme boundaries and/or teams
- Experience of supporting Senior Management Teams with core programme administration activities
- Effective delegation and prioritisation of tasks/workload
- Team Leadership
- Internal Communications
- Office Management, Systems & Document Management
- Budget Management & Procurement
- Project Coordination
- Diary Management and Meeting Coordination
- Strong data analytics and excel skills - ability to analyse large sets of data
- Project management knowledge (methodologies and approaches)
- Successful event management - from requirements gathering to implementation
- Relevant professional qualification in Business Administration (or equivalent)
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.