Multiple vacancies available in well known organisation in the City Centre
Senior IT Project Manager 3-year Fixed Term contract vacancy in public sector organisation in Birmingham
Up to £55,559 per annum, 32 days annual leave, hybrid working scheme, generous pension scheme and other benefits
Hays Technology are working in partnership with a large education establishment in Birmingham to recruit three Senior IT Project Managers on a three-year fixed term contract basis.
Our client is currently delivering an ambitious roadmap of transformational projects and requires several Senior IT Project Managers to join their team.
The successful candidates will work within a well-established team to help deliver projects within a wide ranging IT & Digital portfolio. They will have responsibility for managing business and system changes throughout the project lifecycle. This will be achieved by following agreed processes and methodology whilst working closely with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
* Take full responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of medium to large-scale projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project.
* Effectively estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s) to agreed terms of reference.
* Ensure that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and tracks all activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders, as appropriate.
* Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
* Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
* Contributes to reviews and audits of project and programme management to ensure conformance to standards.
In order to apply, you must have the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience as a Senior IT Project Manager.
* Experience of successfully managing complex business and IT technology transformation projects.
* Is familiar with the project or programme development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of IT projects and programmes.
* Has practical knowledge of project or programme management methodologies, tools and techniques with in-depth knowledge of at least one methodology.
* Good interpersonal skills with a proactive, resilient approach and an enthusiastic attitude.
* Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. Example: PRINCE2.
* A proven ability to facilitate, lead and influence discussion at a senior level
* The ability to build and maintain relationships across many different functions and organisational levels, leading and motivating teams outside of a traditional management structure.
* Methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of project, for example: product/work breakdown structures, baselining, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution.
* Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of a programme of projects and related activities through to the successful achievement of planned business benefits.
* Identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver products which are fit for purpose.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.