Sorry, this job is no longer available.(Loading More Opportunities)
(hybrid - 1 or 2 days per week on site, occasional monthly days in London)
6 months initially
££550 - 800 per day under umbrella (depending on experience)
The PMO lead will assure and provide a critical support service to an extensive and diverse community of delivery managers and potentially data analysts, ensuring that programmes are planned, resourced, financed and delivered with quality via an appropriate assurance framework of standards and controls. You will be helping with transition towards SAFe. whilst working on the clients main current project, which is rolling out a new project governance framework across the UK network. We are looking for someone that is less design based and more of a leader that understands and supports others rather than a manager.
- Maintaining and updating an appropriate delivery governance structure across the business network throughout the UK for enterprise.
- Assisting the PMO team, as a team and as individuals.
- Implementing and continually refining standard processes across demand and delivery teams, driving delivery performance governance; Providing and assuring key reporting via our tools - Azure Dev Ops (ADO) and Power BI, Project Online etc.
- Ensuring the PMO provides a best practice service to support all projects, programmes and delivery activities to deliver to time, quality and cost constraints through professional assurance, support and adherence to our client's Project Delivery Lifecycle (VPDL).
- Driving continuous improvement across Delivery Programmes and Projects.
- Developing the capacity management and programme plans in conjunction with the delivery teams, highlighting constraints and advising on potential resolutions.
- Providing guidance and training on key PMO processes to Delivery Managers.
- Maintaining the Project Delivery Lifecycle framework and supporting the governance and audit of the framework.
- Provide guidance on processes, tools, document templates and controls to ensure a consistent Programme and Project delivery.
- Support wider elements of the Governance team such as strategic planning, finance, resource management and assurance
- Recognised PMO industry qualification such as APMP, Prince2 or similar project management qualification.
- Knowledge of SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Experience of transformation to Agile/SAFe aligned PMO frameworks
- Experience of large corporate PMO teams.
- Experience of Telecoms/Techcoms industry desirable but NOT essential
- Experience of delivery management.
- Experience of compliance, governance and audit requirements.
- Experience of Resource Management and/or Capacity Planning for complex organisations.
- Experience of Project Online tools (Microsoft Projects etc)
- Experience in re-establishing governance framework