A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project Controller to join the team with our prestigious client BAE
The individual in this role will operate in the PMO for medium/large portfolio of projects. The role reports to the Project Control Manager DI & IM&T.
They will be responsible for Developing and maintaining MS Project schedules across the portfolio, monitoring and updating the status of the Project.
They would have a level of specialist knowledge in Planning, Monitoring & Control practice and are expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
They will be responsible for providing the Project Control business tools, to ensure that we have a clear understanding of the business financial forecasts and resourcing requirements using standard tool sets across the business.
Your main responsibilities as a PMO Project Controller will involve:
• Reporting of project status to team members, leadership and external stakeholders
• Ensuring accurate data is available for the monthly performance reporting cycle
• Developing and tracking project schedules
• Development of management reports and metrics
• Oversees the implementation of the appropriate project control processes and checks that they are operating accurately and effectively
• Engages with Customers (Account Managers, Senior PMs and cross Functional) and continuously improve how project control is applied
• Good understanding of the Business environment for Line of Business or project, its markets, customers, strategic priorities and culture
As part of the project team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a PMO Project Controller
• Project tracking and reporting techniques
• Planning and scheduling – particularly MSP 2016
• Working to quality standards and qualifications thinking and problem solving
• Communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
• Strategic planning, risk management and change management
• Project management techniques and tools
What were looking for in you:
• Can do attitude deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
• Strong leadership, decision making and delegation skills
• Flexible and adaptable team member
• Provide mentoring and identify training needs
• A focus on delivering a quality service
• Innovation, problem solving and able to drive improvement
• Taking responsibility for yourself and the team’s success
• Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have a degree or equivalent Project Management qualification, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements.
Recognising the restricted nature of the work there is a requirement for the candidate to be eligible to obtain Security Clearance for this role.