Job title: Commercial Property Solicitor
Location: Hoyland ? Barnsley
Full time/part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £45,000 ? Dependent on experience
Bhayani Recruitment is working in partnership with a trustworthy and passionate law firm in Yorkshire to recruit the Commercial Property Solicitor to join their friendly team of hard workers. This firm is known for its reliability and strong client base. They are enthusiastic about internal progression and have many opportunities for career development, with the Managing Director going into retirement. They're looking for someone who can come in, work hard, and make their mark.
Summary of role
As a Commercial Property Solicitor, you are responsible for dealing with legal issues, both contentious and non-contentious, that concern the property or premises owned or rented by commercial clients such as investors, developers, governments, retailers, and public sector organisations. You will manage your own fee earning caseload with minimal supervision to maintain existing relations with the firm's clients and assist and help develop new relationships with third party referrers and have a good working knowledge of commercial and property matters. You will provide good quality legal advice and other legal services to the firm's clients and contribute to the overall profitability of the firm, with particular reference to providing efficient, cost-effective work and contributing to practice development through marketing and selling strategies.
What will you be doing?
- Represent a range of clients, advising on contentious and non-contentious relating to property or premises, owned or rented by commercial clients and residential property issues including freehold and leasehold sales, purchases, new build, buy to let, transfer of equity and re-mortgage work.
- Undertake necessary research, keeping up to date with changes in the law to enable drafting, reviewing and negotiation of contracts.
- Take initial instructions from clients and to advise (if appropriate after consultation with the supervising Director) as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives as appropriate open to the client and keep the client informed as required by the firm's set procedures and provide a courteous and efficient service.
- Must be willing to participate in the growth and future development of the department, assisting in the build-up of the client base and marketing the Firm's branded services.
- Support other Fee Earners in the provision of service to their clients by progressing matters that are delegated and work closely with other departments within the firm on joint projects.
- Keep control of an allocated caseload and progress files allocated in accordance with the firm's set procedures ensuring standards of conduct, file management and time-recording are maintained at all times.
- Meet all costs/fee targets.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Managing Director to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder's position. Report to the Managing Director immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those, which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or complaint from a client via the Solicitors' Regulation Authority.
- Maintain the office and client account ensuring the Solicitors Accounts Rules are followed in respect of each file. Comply with all Law Society rules and regulations presently in force and as added to or amended from time to time, as far as the same apply to non-solicitor members of the firm.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A qualified Solicitor (SRA).
- 5 years PQE experience in commercial property
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Possess commercial acumen and knowledge of commercial property transactions.
- Knowledge and demonstrable background of handling commercial property work including sales, purchases, letting, landlord and tenant, financing, and residential conveyancing work.
- Using a computerised case management system.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within required timescales.
- Possess a calm demeanour under pressure and an ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with peers and seniority.
- Be resilient and able to deal confidently with and build strong relationships with senior business colleagues.
- Possess strategic thinking skills to work with the directors to set legal direction.
- Have a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Be confident in decision making, analytical and proactive.
What do you get in return?
- Pension scheme.
- Free on-site parking.
- 28 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- A salary of between £35,000 and 45,000 - dependent upon experience.
- Communicating, sharing & socialising. They're a sociable bunch and love to attend fundraisers and have fun whilst making money for charities.
- Flexible and autonomous working. You'll be able to manage your own diary, finding the right work/life balance that suits you.
- Join a trusted brand. With a ready-made client base and enjoy a progressive, innovative and supportive environment.
- Partnership / Director - Opportunities are available for the right candidate who wishes to go down this route.
Bhayani recruitment is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role. Bhayani recruitment will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required. Candidates who are unable to apply online are encouraged to contact us directly for alternative ways to apply.