A well-established and growing firm based in Chester whospecialises in all aspects of personal injury compensation for road trafficaccidents, work related injuries, slip and trips and industrial diseaseis looking for an experienced Litigator / Solicitor.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational, experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required. Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
- Managing a civil litigation caseload from inception to conclusion.
- Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt.
- Providing support and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team.
- Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proofs of evidence to be used in the case.
- Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements.
- Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone.
- Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required.
- Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls.
- Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required.
- Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011.
- Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
- Solicitor Qualification or Cilex or Substantial Litigation Experience is a must
- Effective use of Case Management Systems
- Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
- Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
- Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
- Candidates must litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial.
This role offers a competitive salary with a wide range of benefits. An excellent opportunity to work for an independent firm who can offer job security and future career progression
Purchasing Professionals is an Independent Recruitment Company specialising in all Head Office vacancies including Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services, HR, Procurement, Operations, Logistics, Legal, Property, E-Commerce, IT, Customer Services, Marketing, Commercial and Business Support, from Trainee to Director level.
We are always interested in speaking to quality candidates looking for work. If you are interested in this or any other opportunities and have the relevant skills and experience, then please forward your CV.