QEHS Training Coordinator
We are a leading technology company and specialist in the design, build, support and management of the UK’s critical digital infrastructure, drawing on decades of experience in mission critical communications and technology.
With current annual revenues in excess of £400M and 2,700 employees. We operate within various industry sectors including Rail, Traffic, Public Safety, Defence, Service Providers, Enterprise and Public Sector.
Click here for Telent Video!
- Support the safety critical drugs and alcohol screening programme through:
- Arranging and coordinating screenings for pre-employment, for cause and random sampling
- Managing the receipt, appropriate confidential sharing and retention of records
- Close liaison with the H&S Licensing Manager and Occupational Health Advisor
- Coordinate the safety critical sentinel track safety training and competence programme through:
- Arranging training courses in a timely fashion for new and renewal requirements
- Arranging any necessary medicals in line with individual requirements
- Liaise with the affected personnel to ensure they have the necessary booking details
- Maintaining own knowledge and understanding of the NR competency and track safety / sentinel requirements
- Maintaining own knowledge and understanding of the management and use of the sentinel system
- Managing the collation and distribution of Rule Book documentation and section updates to all qualifying holders
- Managing the necessary records for track safety training
- Close liaison with the responsible managers and teams in the Transport business and
participation in review meetings as necessary
- Close liaison with other training teams in telent as necessary
- Maintaining effective links with the relevant approved training providers and ensuring prompt payments
- Provide effective general day to day services for the QEHS team with regard to post, stationary, record keeping and order placement and invoicing.
- Sentinel training programme coordination
- Drugs & Alcohol programme coordination
- Record management
- New Starter service for medicals, access cards and D&A screening
- Timely delivery of track competencies(new and renewal in coordination with Rail
- Timely delivery of D&A testing and IRSE competency requirements in liaison with the H&S
- Licensing Manager and Occupational Health Advisor
- Coordination with Occupational Health Nurse for delivery of medicals
- Tracking of progress and performance reporting
- Invoicing and off charging for Rail track competencies, medicals and D&A tests
- Order placement for D&A screening, training and QEHS central services requirements
- Maintenance and provision of key / mandatory competency and security records
- Provision of Rule Book updates and acting as Rule Book coordinator
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
- Practical use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Document
- Management Systems (Oracle UCM).
- Successful track record of managing and administering an extensive training programme using appropriate training administration systems
- Oracle experience and purchasing order placement and management
- Highly desirable - experience in the Sentinel scheme and associated systems
- Highly Desirable - experience managing training programmes using on-line e-learning systems
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
- English and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or equivalent qualifications / experience
- Network Rail and Sentinel experience
- Telent behaviours and particularly:
- A customer service mentality
- Well organised and meticulous with record keeping
- Team worker
- Discrete and trustworthy (handling of confidential information)
Telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with Telent Reward scheme
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.