My client is a well established growing and developing Education Charity. Due to this growth we are seeking an experienced Technology Trainer to join the L&D team. The role offers a 35hrs working week, 38 days holiday, pension and excellent benefits including remote/hybrid working- Reading/UK based.
The Global Technology Solutions team is responsible for the design, development, delivery, and support of high impact technology solutions that support the Companys strategy: to make a step change in the way we use technology to enable everything we do and to enhance our impact. The Technology Trainer has an important role to play in promoting the benefits of our technology and helping users get the most from technology.
The technologies will include the Office 365 suite of applications e.g., Excel, Teams, SharePoint etc. In addition, we have a number of systems such as Dynamics Client Relationship Management (CRM) and Totara Learning Management System (LMS) that will also need training provided.
As we grow our technology base the systems will increase. Mapping a Users journey from IT Induction when they join and providing role-based training materials is key to the success of this role.
The Technology Trainer ensures that users have the knowledge they need to use our systems and tools; and the ability to fully exploit the benefits of our technology. They will support a wide range of technology projects across the organisation. They will also help implement a blended learning framework that enables all users to access training resources to meet their needs.
- Design and / or develop stimulating and accessible learning tools and materials for any application (as directed) in line with project or wider organisational goals.
- Provide user-friendly access to learning experiences in a way that ensures users achieve learning outcomes in line with project and / or organisational goals.
- Where this entails in-person delivery of training, deliver those training experiences directly to users either physically or virtually.
- Monitor and report on the outcomes of technology training activities to help management gauge the effectiveness of training in achieving project and organisational goals.
- Design and / or implement improvements to our technology learning environment / framework whether based on intelligence derived from the above management information or other lessons learned or on our technology strategies and plans.
- Maintain an ongoing set of training / guidance tools and materials that (a) covers all material areas of our technology environment, (b) is readily accessible to users (e.g. via current collaboration platform(s)) and (c) is easy to use.
- As part of the above, ensure relevant components of those training / guidance tools and materials are connected into the induction process(es) for new employees, so that all new employees achieve an adequate initial understanding of how to work with our technology environment.
- Throughout, the Technology Trainer will do the following to enhance the impact of their work. a. Work collaboratively with other roles across the organisation that have a role to play in technology learning including in HR, regional technology roles and operational delivery roles.
- Seek to understand the user perspective as a way of making sure learning is actually achieved; and be as responsive to users as possible (while bearing in mind the need for / challenges of efficiency).
- Stay up to date with relevant developments in learning management systems and our own technology environment.
- Give due prominence to compliance aspects of our technology environment including security and data protection
- Undertake any other duties and support to the team as directed by the Global Technology Solutions Manager.
? Good knowledge (breadth and depth) of technologies in use across the general business sector (particularly Microsoft) and learning management systems
? Good understanding of relevant areas of ITIL, and more widely of IT processes including user support and change management approaches
? Good knowledge of business process principles
? An understanding of e-learning tools and technology to support learning interventions