Northreach Recruitment are working exclusively with an exciting hyper-growth T-Cell therapy company based in London.
The company are a start-up organisation with series B funding, being led by prominent experts within the Immunological field.
Their main focus is on engineering T-Cells to prevent organ rejection following transplantation and to create therapies targeted at autoimmune diseases.
The Role - Scientist R&D
In this role, you will contribute to assay development and characterisation of CAR-Treg products.
This means you will be comfortable designing, developing and executing research on well-defined projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
You will be providing technical leadership to complete research projects.
- Contributes to the development of novel in vitro and molecular biology assays to be implemented in the Clinical trial Immunomonitoring plan
- Contributes to the processing and data generation for the Clinical trial IM plan
- Understands project goals and executes well-defined scientific projects from evaluating data etc
- Completes high-quality scientific projects requiring minimal supervision
- Plans assignments for a research group/project, troubleshoots complex problems
- Coordinates research activities in the context of a larger group
- Participates constructively and presents data in working teams and at lab meetings
- Drafts well-organised documents (SOPs) and reports and draws relevant inferences from appropriate scientific literature
- Provides scientific guidance and training to more junior staff
- Complies with standard lab practices and company policies
Experience were looking for:
- Cellular Immunology
- Flow Cytometry
- Clinical trial experience
- T cell characterization
- Experience of translational workstreams in biotech
- Strong laboratory skills and substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and complete research projects under supervision with moderate input
- Experience with and application of relevant scientific, approaches and techniques
Personal Qualities/Qualifications required:
- PhD or MD/ PhD in relevant scientific discipline