Job Title: Healthcare Assistant
Location: Surbiton KT6 6JY
Salary:£21,903 to £25,628per annum
Job type: Full time (37.5 hours per week) or part time (25 hours per week)
We are a charity providing loving, compassionate care to veterans and their partners living with disability or dementia. We put residents' needs first and provide the very best care and support. Our Home is rated 'good' overall by CQC and 'outstanding' in the care category.
It takes a very special person to be a Healthcare Assistant in our Home. We look for people who are passionate about providing care with a 'can do' attitude and who are willing to go the extra mile. We work as a family, supporting each other and have the courage to stay positive for those around us whatever the circumstances.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Deliver the highest quality care and support to residents to enable them to live their lives to their fullest potential.
- Wherever appropriate to do this with residents not for them, enabling engagement in meaningful activity and maintaining independence for as long as possible.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist residents to attain their full potential in their activities of daily living, recognising and enabling their choices
- Promote independence and empower residents
- Assist residents with personal hygiene, appearance, mobility, food and meals in accordance with their Care Plan
- Ensure accurate record keeping including physical and emotional well-being and resident choices
- Actively encourage and enable engagement with personal and group activities
- Actively participate in supervision and appraisal using it to support your personal development
- Work in accordance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice, policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time, consistent with the nature of the post.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times.
- We're using personal protective equipment (PPE) and our team is trained in infection control to ensure we all stay as safe and well as possible.
- We value our team and provide excellent training and benefits.
- In line with the amendment to the Care Act the successful candidate must be Covid-19 double vaccinated.
- Demonstrate warmth, compassion and understanding of older people with disabilities and physical care needs and, those living with dementia
- Willing to go the extra mile to enable our residents to live their best lives
- Flexible, adaptable, positive and proactive with a 'can-do' attitude
- Good spoken and written English
- A commitment to personal and professional development
- Committed to our mission, values and to enabling outstanding care for veterans
- Physically fit and able to use necessary equipment include wheelchairs and hoists
- Computer / IT skills to at least basic level
The Winning Candidate will possess:
- NVQ/RQF Level 2 in Health & Social Care or willingness to work towards achieving this
- Experience of and genuine desire to work in care of older people/ people with disabilities / dementia care.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Support Worker, Carer, Health Care Assistant, Home Care Worker, Care Support Worker, Residential Care Worker, Carer, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Social Carer, Support Worker, Enabler, Care Worker, Support Assistant, Care Helper, Care Assist, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support, Social Care, NVQ2 may also be considered for this role.