Here at TPA we are very excited to be able offer the position of R&D Team Lead (Energy Materials Process)with a highly competitive salary and desirable staff benefits.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable scientists developing the next generation of our core technology. Your team will provide expert advice into projects regarding materials processing and selection. They will also be involved in innovating and developing the next generation of materials processes for new energy devices from TRL/MRL 1 to 6. In addition, the right candidate will be able to make key technical contributions to projects within the core development programmes.
Areas of expertise include screen print ink formulation, printing, ceramic sintering and densification, sol-gel and colloid formulation and other thin film formation techniques. You will be responsible for ensuring that projects are properly resourced, and that the team provide high quality work. Your goal will be to develop the team to be world class scientists and engineers, leading by example.
To grasp this opportunity, you will have to demonstrate that you have the potential to be a dynamic, determined, confident and enthusiastic leader.
- Leading by example, demonstrating strong technical leadership within SOC development projects.
- Line management of 8 to 12 highly qualified scientists/engineers in the Process R&D Team.
- Supporting project managers with effort estimation at the project planning stage.
- Allocating work and tracking resource utilisation levels across the team.
- Recruiting new staff and contracting technical expertise externally where required.
- Defining, updating and tracking metrics for the team performance.
- Ensuring that team output is at the highest quality level.
- Coaching, training and supporting the team in their work.
- Ensuring that the resources required by the team are in place, properly maintained, up-to-date and efficient.
- Supporting, developing and managing the relationships of the team with the rest of the business.
Internal and external relationships
- Daily contact with team members, Head of Energy Materials and project managers.
- Working closely with the rest of the Energy Materials team to coordinate activities.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the other functional leaders within the business.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external experts in materials processing.
- Working with the IP team to codify and maintain relevant IP and contracts.
- Regular contact with the CTO and CSO.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
- A deep technical understanding and curiosity for materials processing techniques ideally relating to SOCs or similar ceramics/materials processing applications.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the field after completion of a materials science or related degree.
- At least 2 years in a team management or leading position with line management responsibility.
- Demonstrable leadership skills: able to provide motivation, direction, coaching. Leading by example.
- Experience of leading technical projects.
- Ideally, already an understanding of and practised user of 6-sigma statistical tools.
- Experience in leading complex, problem resolution activities.
- Excellent communicator: capable of making concise summaries and building and maintaining effective relationships.
To hear more about this excellent company and opportunity, apply through the link and we will call you to discuss in more detail