Major Healthcare is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Band 7-8a Speech & Language Therapist to join our multidisciplinary team based in Sutton & Bagshot.
You will be working across two schools within a specialist multi-disciplinary team support all of its young people living with social emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism (ASC), communication and sensory difficulties, attachment difficulties, childhood trauma and moderate learning difficulties (MLD) towards excellent outcomes in preparing for adulthood.
Key Responsibilities for Speech & Language Therapist are:
- Assess, review and monitor the progress of new and current students using a combination of formal and informal test materials and tools.
- Organise, prioritise, and responsible for designated caseload ensuring timely and effective management of speech, language, communication and social needs whilst ensuring an individualised approach.
- Identify and implement appropriate formal / informal assessments to evaluate the speech, language, communication and interaction needs of students within the context of the classroom, wider school situations, residential environment and community providing comprehensive analysis of the results.
- Identify speech, language and communication difficulties or disorders; assessing the cause and nature of the problem.
- Devise and deliver a suitable therapeutic programme, working on a one-to-one basis or in groups, to enable each of your young people to improve as much as possible.
- Advise parents, carers and education staff on implementing a treatment programme and train those other professionals in therapy delivery.
- Participate in a range of team meetings, supporting the progress of our residential and day pupils.
- Make clinical decisions, devises appropriate therapy goals, and plans using knowledge and experience under-pinned by evidence-based practise to meet the changing needs of the students following a tiered model of service delivery.
- Plan and deliver individual therapy, small group work and class-based interventions using evidence-based approaches.
- Set and review communication targets, strategies, and annual review reports.
- Attend regular staff meetings to promote a multidisciplinary team approach and to provide specialist advice relating to the appropriate.
- Write confidential client case notes and reports, as well as information for clients, carers and other professionals.
The salary for Speech & Language Therapist role is up to £45,000 depending on experience.
Successful Candidates for Speech & Language Therapist role should have:
- HCPC registration
- Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent
- Eligibility for membership of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists
- Successful post registration practice and experience with young people who have neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g. ASC, ADHD, conduct disorders etc.)
- Experience working at a band 7 or above level
Additional benefits for Speech & Language Therapist include:
- Pension Plan
- Death in Service
- Continuous learning and development
- Workplace options
- Comprehensive EAP service
Please call Leanne Irving or apply online for more information about this Speech & Language Therapist role.