My client, an accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate todays changing world.
Their Shared Service Centre team (SSC) provides essential support to several teams across the firm. As well as assisting on large-scale operations, beyond the capacity of a core specialist team, they provide the unparalleled expertise needed to keep moving forward. As part of this friendly department, youll have the chance to work on exciting projects and develop your skillset. If you want to work on important projects and explore your potential, well give you the friendly, supportive working environment to go far.
You can succeed.
The firm is looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Associate to join the Tax Hub based in central Liverpool. This team is one of several Hubs within BDOs rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to colleagues in the tax stream. The teams scope of service includes personal, corporate, and indirect taxation.
The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to the next phase of the Shared Service strategy.
This will be a challenging and rewarding role where you will:
- Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and tax returns processed by the tax hub team.
- Also involved in employment tax or new projects within the team
- Monitor throughput, productivity, and accuracy of team members output
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions.
- Deliver coaching and feedback to team members to help improve quality and aid in their development.
- Work extensively with tax software and workflow tools
- Deliver QA outputs to agreed timescale, quality, and volume.
- Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across the UK
- Provide support to other colleague teams in the SSC dependent upon seasonality of core work.
- Build relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in local offices.
- Monitoring productivity output and quality of the teams
- Provide cover for the Tax Hub Senior Associates during holidays and absences.
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members output ensuring team and individuals deliver SLAs and KPIs
Skills & Experience required:
- ATT Qualified or equivalent QBE.
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous.
- Well presented with a professional level of communication both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate.
- Energised, enthusiastic and results orientated.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
- Ability to use own initiative and take a flexible approach.
In it together:
Highly competitive starting salaries and review remunerationpackages are regularly offered to ensure that pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Thats not all a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle means people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them.
Through Flexcel, you can:
- buy up to ten days extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.