Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 58,000 staff across a network of more than 1000 independent companies in over 54 countries and operating more than 900 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 6.7 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity based at our clients facility at Macclesfield, Cheshire for an enthusiastic and innovative Analytical Scientist with experience of working with Drug Substance reference materials. Our role provides key analytical support to the Global Reference Standards (GRS) service area based within Quality Operations. A sound, fundamental knowledge and practical application of Organic Chemistry to pharmaceutical drug design is essential.
As a scientist your key duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Evaluation and testing of reference standard materials using a broad range of analytical equipment including HPLC, GC, titration, Karl Fischer, Sulphated Ash, Loss on Drying and NMR interpretation.
- Resolve analytical challenges, interpret analytical data in the wider context, and share with others
- Produce C of As and other associated documentation for reference standards supply and provide technical justification for assignment of the shelf life for materials.
- System administrator for the GRS database and website system
- Process internal and external orders for Reference standards placed via the GRS database and allocate material accordingly
- For non-standard requests (i.e. Pharmacopoeial requests), negotiate suitable samples if required, obtain correct materials (either from storage or procurement from PRD), and dispense as appropriate
- Accountability of all material management within the GRS database. Provide work plans for the retesting of GRS standards and to begin procurement process for standards low in stock. Monitor and adjust minimum stock levels within the database according to lean principles by calculating using current demand, projected business needs and procurement lead-time
- Proactively work with Global External Sourcing/ Regional External Sourcing to ensure CMOs maintain level of supply of reference standards to Client, and work with Operations Supply chain to further understand projected demand for standards to facilitate efficient stock control.
- Work with all key stakeholders in Technical Stewardship Project to assess current status of analytical methodology and performance for commercial drug substances. Report findings and make recommendations for improvement initiatives for Technical Stewardship, and possibly manage one of these initiatives (dependent on capability of successful candidate)
- Maintain close relationship with sample dispatch unit and internal and external customers to progress orders quickly and resolve any issues which may arise
- Facilitate productivity and efficiency gains through implementation of first class science and technology
- Challenge organisational practice and deliver added value to the projects
- Work as a team player and develop others through coaching and mentoring
- Responding to queries from both internal and external customers.
- BSc/MSc in a chemistry related discipline plus experience within a relevant area in industry.
- Broad working knowledge of pharmaceutical analysis, with in-depth HPLC experience.
- Analytical chemistry skills.
- Organic and physical-organic chemistry skills would be advantageous.
- Experience of analytical method development and application.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical process.
- Knowledge of working in a cGMP environment.
- Experience of working in or with Global Operations would be advantageous.
- Significant experience of troubleshooting analytical methodology would also be a distinct advantage.
At Eurofins we are growing, innovating and always learning. We celebrate the achievements of our employees through annual long service awards, recognise our colleagues special life events, and we are committed to charitable causes through global fundraising activities.
- As a Eurofins employee you will benefit from:
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance (4 times annual salary)
- Company Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 confidential support.
- Free car parking
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Everyone who joins our team also gets access to Perkbox, allowing you to save money all year round. Whether its supermarket savings or days out, the daily coffee or a summer holiday theres something to suit everyones lifestyle.
What Happens Next
Our people are the backbone of what we do, so it's incredibly important we find the right individuals to join us. As a potential new recruit you'll be invited to meet the team to give you the opportunity to see what working for Eurofins is really like and enable us to get you know your key skills and strengths.
Its really helpful for our Recruitment Team if you include a full up to date CV, your current location and a contact number so we can talk to you about our exciting opportunities. Please also detail your current Right to Work status in the UK.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.