Nicholas Howard is excited to be recruiting for the role of Senior Tax Advisor within the accountancy division of a major law firm. The role is available in Chichester, Manchester or Leeds.
Youll be working within the Private Client Services tax compliance team to provide personal tax compliance and advice to mainly individuals. Your role will involve dealing with some complex tax advice, (CGT, Income tax, residence and domicile issues) but mainly personal tax returns and HMRC disclosures as well as providing technical support to the rest of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Tax Advisor with an existing client base (predominantly of HNW and UHNW clients).
What You'll Be Doing
- Working closely with the Tax, Trusts and Estates Partner and team in Chichester, and the national team, in order to build on the existing client base and to grow it
- Having full control and conducting of a number of cases/ clients including more complex matters
- Responsible for dealing with complex tax cases advising on CGT and income tax for individuals, predominantly HNW and UHNW clients, many with global interests.
- Dealing with HMRC disclosures on behalf of clients
- Ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by preparing and submitting tax returns, tax computations and other necessary forms
- Advising clients on tax issues, and how to minimise their tax liabilities
- Researching, analysing and interpreting tax legislation to ensure tax returns are correctly completed, and correct advice is given
What We'll Need From You
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, CTA or ATT or experience in a relevant role
- Several years experience working in a relevant tax role dealing with more complex work
- Ability to give expert and authoritative tax advice in specialist and complex areas
- Ability to research areas of tax & other topics/issues to maintain expertise
- Analysis of complex tax problems, providing interpretation and making recommendations
- Leading and participating in tax practice development
- Drafting and review of tax returns
- Emerging reputation for expertise in field/area of specialism
- Ideally experience of dealing with residence and domicile issues
- Ideally, supervisory experience of leading a team and experience of training and developing more junior members of the Tax team
A highly competitive salary and benefits package will be available together with the opportunity for flexible working arrangements where appropriate.