Salary up to £50,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Cost Accountant to join a successful, growing business based in Haydock.
The purpose of this position is to ensure the ongoing analysis and validation of product line costs, (BOM's, routings and overhead rates) across all UK locations. The role will also support operations to ensure that there are strong controls in place around inventory and the recording of direct costs to product line data. This role will be the main finance point of contact at on site, but will cover all UK locations.
Main Responsibilities of Cost Accountant:
- Analyse revenue, direct production & Indirect labour, inventory valuation, burden rates, cost of sales and contribution & gross margin.
- Compare actual product costs with budget, estimates or standards and analyse results
- Validate of bill of materials (BOM's), routings, overhead rates, and allocations to ensure accuracy of costing and product line profitability.
- Ensure that direct production labour is accurately recorded to ensure accurate product line reporting. Monitor and report of direct production labour efficiencies to standard.
- Production of timely & accurate monthly management reports, including validation of cost of goods sold by product line.
- Manage accurate and timely inventory control, including cycle counts, monthly/quarterly WIP valuation and physical inventory accuracy. Analyse slow moving inventory and recommend reserves. Responsible for annual year end physical inventory.
- Support annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Maintain system pricing to ensure accurate billing.
- Support year close activities including liaising with auditors.
- Support third party cost audits to include UK MOD and US DOD.
- Provide support to the Finance Director, Operations Director and Senior leadership team.
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to identify areas of improvement to positively affect costs efficiencies and product improvements and to drive business efficiencies.
Main Requirements of Cost Accountant:
- Newly (to 2 years PQE) Qualified CIMA
- Experience of working within manufacturing / engineering environment SME.
- Strong experience of product costing preferably, validation of routings and BOM's preferably within a standard costing environment.
Interviews are taking place immediately, click 'APPLY' now to be considered or email your CV to
At Morgan Ryder we can provide you with a full range of employment opportunities from short term and fixed term temporary vacancies to permanent positions.
We recruit for companies that operate in the following industries: Food and Drink Manufacturers, FMCG, Packaging, Engineering, Automotive, Aerospace, Warehousing, Logistics, Waste Management, Petro Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Power & Renewable Energy.
Please note that calls to and from the offices of Morgan Ryder Associates Ltd. may be monitored or recorded. This is to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures, record business transactions and for training purposes.