Assistant Accountant - 9 Month FTC
Elevation Recruitment Group are excited to be currently working alongside a large & well-established business within the Leeds area as they look to recruit an Assistant Accountant into their busy & friendly finance team; initially on a 9 month fixed term contract, with scope to become permanent within the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high calibre graduate to join a large and positive finance team in Leeds city centre as an Assistant Accountant with full CIMA study support.
The role provides excellent development opportunities and is accountable for/ACCA preparation of several types of financial information for internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant will include:
* Understanding company cost data, industry data flows and volumes
* Operate a settlements and invoice validation process
* Aid with variance analysis of revenues and costs and follow variances through to recovery
* Validate and analyse broker invoices
* Assist with the broker reconciliation process
* Understand the sales order book and maintain any data discrepancies
* Validate and understand export, renewables and FiT invoices
* Assist with the preparation of data for regulatory reporting
* Investigate queries raised by customers, suppliers and brokers
* Prepare ad-hoc reporting information and any data inputs required for month end reporting
* Maintain process documentation for processes within the role
* Provide a business partnering service to all major Stakeholders
* Interpreting and explaining performance to various Stakeholders around the business
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
* An accounting (or similar/relevant) degree and be actively (or intend to begin) studying for a recognised professional accountancy qualification, preferably CIMA (study support provided)
* A minimum of 6 months practical experience of accounting within a Finance Department
* Proven ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines, be organised, methodical, and be receptive to change
* Excellent process delivery/improvement skills
* The role requires computer literacy with Excel and Microsoft Office
* Experience of using Microsoft Power BI would be an advantage
* Teamwork skills to suit a variety of different situations
* Effective communication with Finance and non-Finance teams
If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, please don't hesitate to contact Nicole Linacre today.
Elevation Recruitment group is a specialist division focusing on the recruitment of talented Accountancy & Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees to post qualified accountants.