Our long established and successful Southampton based client has an immediate vacancy for an Accounts Assistant.
Duties will include the following:
- Bank Reconciliation done through XERO and Apostle
- Credit Control Payment Reminders, Chasing Customer for Payments, Escalating to Debt Collector if needed (the whole process basically)
- Customer Payment Allocation in Chalice/Apostle Software (Sales Ledger)
- Purchase Ledger, inputting supplier invoices and payment allocation (done in XERO)
- Staff Expenses
- Opening new Credit Files for New Customers, this involves doing background Credit Checks on Creditsafe against the company name and to input the Company Details onto Chalice System. Credit limit to be approved by Office Manager.
- Filing of Financial Documents and anything financial related
- Monthly Report Expenses Analysis (for Accountant Accountant is not based in the office)
- Checking VAT Figures against all Supplier Invoices and checking this against the figure the Accountant gives.
- Various Financial Reports for MD and Investors
- Emailing Quarterly Bank Statements to Accountant
- Credit Notes
- Tight Communication between Bookkeeper, MD and Office Manager
- Tight Communication with the Accountant
- Month End/Year End
- Manufacturer Invoices which come in from China, these must be inputted into the system and Master Spreadsheet to be updated, balances to always be confirmed with the Manufacturer in China
- Assisting with sales administration duties
Candidates should have a minimum of 1/2 years experience ideally within a similar accounts role. A high level of accuracy is required as is the requirement to work independently.
Please send your cv to Adrian Browning at Executive Recruitment via the apply button.