Based within the existing friendly accounts team, we are currently recruiting for a permanent Part Time Purchase Ledger/Accounts Assistant to join our client based in Tuffley, Gloucester.
Main purpose of job:
Scanning, posting and verifying of invoices. Supporting the Purchase Ledger Administrators.
- Scanning and posting general supplier invoices for multiple sites in a timely fashion
- Verification of invoices (matching Goods Received Notes to Scanned invoices)
- Working with Managers at various sites to resolve verification problems in an efficient and timely manner
Supporting the Purchase Ledger Administrators with any of the following tasks:
- Accurate nominal ledger coding of general invoices (from standard cost centre code listings)
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements to Purchase ledger accounts
- Preparation of Monthly BACs runs
- Handling supplier telephone calls (chase calls and queries)
- Monitoring and chasing up managers where necessary to ensure invoices are authorised in a timely fashion (with full support of the Management Accountants)
- Working closely with all other team members, assisting with other non purchase ledger tasks as and when necessary to ensure the dept stays on track during holiday periods etc.
- Any other tasks management see fit to assign
To apply for this vacancy, you must have previous administration experience with the ability to pick things up quickly.Previous accounts experience highly advantageous.
Hours 20 25 hours per week the client is flexible on the days and times
Salary Up to £21k pro rata