A well-established Independent Financial Adviser firm, situated on the outskirts of Leicester, is looking for a personable, bright, and articulate individual to come on board as a Paraplanner.
Your main duties will be to provide Paraplanning support to the companies’ advisers, including preparing documents and submitting business, ensuring all paperwork and processes are fully compliant.
Our client is a friendly, family orientated company, full of hardworking people and they are looking for someone who is excited about this rare opportunity. To apply for this position, you must have at least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role and have a good technical understanding of Investment, Retirement, and Pension products and your use in financial planning. You will hold or be working towards the level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (DipPFS) and a genuine ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
Duties and responsibilities for Paraplanner include:
- Providing full Paraplanning, including the preparation of suitability reports and supporting documentation, submitting new business and other transaction requests to providers.
- Management of your own workflows and tasks. Working on own initiative to achieve agreed outcomes and consistently meeting agreed service levels without supervision.
- You will need to be proficient in understanding and identifying possible client outcomes/solutions, derived from detailed information recorded in Know Your Client (KYC) documents; this will usually be compiled by the MD, but you may on occasion be required to assist with the information gathering.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, able to adhere to quality compliance standards and deliver the highest level of client service.
Skills and experience for Paraplanner:
The ideal client will have:
- Recent experience of producing bespoke technical suitability reports.
- An exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and Outlook with the ability to quickly familiarise yourself with various systems, including our in-house back-office platform (Iress Adviser Office).
- Be able to support senior staff to provide their advisers with robust advice solutions, drawing on your technical knowledge and carrying out appropriate research to justify and evidence the advice given.
- Manage complex cases, from inception to completion and find solutions to technical problems.
- Manage queries and provide suitable remedies.
- Take a client focussed approach to all work, recognising the importance of client relationships and the need for excellence.
- First class time management skills with the ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- You will be driven and focused with the ability to complete large volumes of tasks under pressure and on time.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week (30-minute unpaid lunch), Monday-Friday.
- £30,000 - £32,000 per year (DOE).
- The successful candidate will be expected to complete a 6-month probationary period.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Generous non-contributory group pension scheme, commencing after 3 months continuous service.
- Free death in service benefit after successful completion on probationary period
- Brand new air-conditioned modern-design offices, offering full kitchen and dining facilities, Gym and free on-site secure parking.
Experience & Certification:
- Minimum 18 months Paraplanning/Personal Assistant experience.
- Hold or be working towards Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (DipPFS)
- Our client is currently Operating as per the latest Government guidelines.
- Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place.