I am currently recruiting for a Rewards Manager to join a rapidly growing rail organisation on a permanent basis in Birmingham.
This role sits within the Human Resources Directorate. The department is responsible for reward strategy, base pay, employee benefits, pensions, employee recognition and supporting the Executive and Remuneration Committee. The role would be a great opportunity for someone to shape and influence change across Human Resources.
The role will be of a hybrid working arrangement, with the successful candidate being flexible in attending the office, as well as occasionally travelling to London.
The client is looking for an individual to lead and manage a variety of Reward related projects. You will be responsible for providing a range of advisory, analytical and operational services, which will cover all aspects of Reward. These will include, development and management of reward processes such as:
- job evaluation and grading management,
- job descriptions,
- reward benchmarking
- forecasting and reporting requirements regarding senior pay as set out in the Remuneration Annex and Senior Pay Controls Framework
Main duties of the role will include:
- lead and project manage job evaluation activities arising from both larger scale organisation design and/or business as usual which includes contributing and evaluating jobs (using the Hay methodology).
- monitor and provide detailed analysis, insights and reports on executive and senior roles on a regular basis, as required by the terms and reporting requirements within the Remuneration Annex and Senior Pay Controls Framework
- Provide advice on impacts and costs and support on the production of briefing documentation for the Executive Committee, Remuneration Committee
- Extract, analyse and interpret data from salary surveys. Conduct salary benchmarking exercises through salary/benefit surveys to ensure overall reward package remains aligned with Pay Policies
- Conduct pay modelling, and on an annual basis provide analysis and proposals for pay ranges for the annual pay review cycle
- Design, develop and maintain the Reward annual calendar of deliverables and including budget management, PO monitoring and taking appropriate interventions
- Support the delivery of annual reward calendar activities including the pay review, apprentice pay, salary range reviews by conducting research and providing detailed analysis
- Provide advice on reward policies and processes to Heads of HR, HR Operations, line managers and employees in order to ensure that informed and defensible decisions are taken within the constraints of agreed reward principles and policies
- Design and develop reward tools, templates, guidelines and calculators to the HR team to facilitate informed and accurate reward decision making.
The main skills require for this role include:
- Ability to compile, integrate, analyse and present data in the most appropriate format and depending on the audience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Job Evaluation skills, specifically Hay Methodology
- Ability to produce and present documents, insights and reports to a variety of audiences, including internal stakeholders at various levels in the organisation
- Time management & prioritisation skills
- Familiarity with Oracle would be useful
- Pay Analysis and modelling
- Project Management and Report preparation
- Salary Administration
Successful candidates will need:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject plus Chartered level CIPD (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to understand and interpret Hay Job Evaluation methodology and communicate evaluation outcomes in a complex working environment including operation of JEM (Korn Ferry Job Evaluation Manager)
- Ability to understand and deliver projects using the knowledge of various pay design and organisational design principles and processes.
- Understanding of the terms of the Remuneration Annex, Managing Public Money guidance, and their impact on HS2 pay strategy and policy
- Knowledge of Korn Ferry and Willis Towers Watson (WTW) salary survey data inputs and outputs Knowledge of HRIS and Finance Systems
- Knowledge of planning, working to agreed deadlines, understand how reward impacts and fits into other HR deliverables and programmes
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills and experience, please apply for immediate consideration.