My client, an accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses are seeking experienced Senior Tax Accountants to join their team within the new Shared Service Centre in Glasgow.
The firm is looking to recruit Tax Accountants to join the Tax Hub based in central Glasgow. This team is one of several Hubs within the companies rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC). SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm.
The Tax Hub provides UK-wide tax compliance services to colleagues in the tax stream. The teams scope of service includes personal, corporate and indirect taxation.
You will play a key role and will also:
- Support regional client facing tax teams with review and QA of personal, corporate and VAT tax returns processed by the tax hub team
- Team management responsibility, including coaching and feedback. Day to day management.
- Allocate work to team members using proprietary workflow tool
- Provide cover for the Tax Hub Supervisor during holidays and absences
- Monitor throughput, productivity and accuracy of team members output
- Embed a continuous improvement ethic through effective monitoring and route cause analysis of errors and omissions
Experience and Skillset required:
- AAT Qualified or equivalent Qualified By Experience
- Demonstrable experience of Corporate and Personal tax work
- Viewed by others as a trusted advisor and advocate who is energised, enthusiastic and results orientated.
- IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Excel, other MS Office products and similar desktop applications. Knowledge of Alphatax and CCH tax software is advantageous
- Well presented with a professional level of communication both verbal and written
- Good time management, organisation skills and the ability to prioritise and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team environment - mentoring/supervising experience is advantageous.
- Highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance.
- As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days holiday;
- Agile working, flexi hours
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
Extra add on benefits:
- buy up to ten days extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;