Our client is a highly successful family-owned company based in Leek, Staffordshire, who are market leaders in their field. They have a fantastic opportunity for a part time Payroll Administrator to join them on a fixed term contract until December 2022. You’ll be joining a long-standing and friendly team and will be working 22.5 hours per week. Job Description:
You’ll be responsible for processing the payroll for 250 employees, including assistance with all aspects of payroll and pensions administration to ensure all staff are paid correctly and on time. As this is a small, close-knit team you will also assist the finance department with purchase ledger data input as and when required. Duties will include:
For the Payroll Administrator role, it would be good to see candidates with:
- End to end processing of three weekly, one fortnightly, and 6 monthly payrolls
- Ensuring SMP, SPP, SSP, court orders, student loan and pensions are processed in line with current legislation
- Administration of the company’s time and attendance, pension, and payroll systems with due regard to employment legislation and the business policies and procedures
- Month end reconciliation and journals to finance department
- 3rd party month end reconciliations and returns to, HMRC, pensions provider, etc.
- Benefit in Kind administration, including childcare vouchers, private healthcare, company cars and salary sacrifice
- Managing the payroll inbox and responding in an accurate professional and timely manner to internal and external payroll queries, from employees, HR, finance, HMRC, pension providers etc.
- Payroll year end and P60 distribution
- P11D year-end preparation and submission
- Expense claim administration including business mileage, cash expenses and company credit cards
- A minimum of 2 years’ payroll experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ideally, experience using Sage Payroll
- Excellent organisation skills in order to manage multiple payroll deadlines effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and numeracy skills
- Ideally working knowledge of UK tax legislation, statutory payments, pensions and year-end reporting
Monday to Friday, 22.5 hours per week Salary:
£12.00 per hour
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Payroll Officer, Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Manager, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Assistant.
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.