Cost Manager - Hull
Cost Manager - Our client, a nationwide maintenance and refurbishment specialist are looking for a Cost Manager to join their growing procurement team based in Hull. As a Cost Manager in procurement, the role is to develop and implement best practice category management across assigned categories of spend with the aim of maximising cost savings to the business whilst delivering best value and performance from the supply chain.
By delivering effective procurement plans, cost efficiencies and performance improvements from the supply chain. The role will support continuous improvement in operations and services across the company. It also ensures safety and sustainability are embedded in supply chain contracts and in procurement decisions.
This role will ensure cost effective and efficient sourcing and procurement of materials and services across its assigned categories by exploiting group purchasing power and employing leading procurement practices. As well as delivering excellent commercial value to the business this role will ensure that ABP and its supply chain use safe, sustainable, and responsible procurement practices that protect long-term value and avoid legal and reputational impacts.
- Work on projects ranging from £10m - £50m per annum
- Working with clients & sub-contractors
- Ensure all category spend complies with the Group Procurement policy
- Develop and implement category strategies
- Identify opportunities to increase compliance of regional and functional teams
- Effectively implement a defined and agreed work plan.
- Review and update contracts (service level agreements and key performance indicators)
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance
- Ensure strategies deliver high levels of transactional efficiency and support P2P targets.
- Develop and implement the contract management process
- Provide advice and guidance on leading procurement practice to internal business partners.
- Sector leading business with excellent reputation
- Delivering key projects nationwide
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Role split across office and sites
Salary & Package:
- Basic salary of £50,000 - £60,000 (DOE)
- Company Car or Allowance
- Healthcare & Pension
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of delivering procurement projects including business engagement, procurement strategy, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, contract performance management and supplier relationship management, across a range of spend categories.
They will also be highly commercial, analytical, and innovative in their thinking with excellent interpersonal, communication and relational abilities.
Relevant professional qualifications and professional body memberships such as CIPS or RICS are preferable.
For any further information on this Cost Manager vacancy please apply with your CV attached or contact Tia at Saxton Recruitment on 07749454999 |
Key roles - Cost Manager / Procurement Manager / Quantity Surveyor